API was founded in 1997 by four women dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable study abroad programs for U.S. students. Their diverse experiences abroad, first as students and later as professionals, shaped their philosophy on the value of international education as a means of promoting intellectual curiosity, cultural sensitivity, and holistic personal development. API firmly believes that extensive pre-departure preparation, coupled with strong support services on-site, facilitates academic, cultural and linguistic learning. Within the supportive environment of the API programs, API students are encouraged to explore their host communities and become increasingly independent and confident in their own abilities. API also believes that study abroad should be an activity that is accessible to as many students as possible, and in that vein, seeks to include as many components in the program price as possible for students at a low cost.
API programs offer U.S. college and university students the opportunity to earn college credit toward their degree programs in the U.S. by completing coursework in a wide variety of disciplines, including such fields as business, the social sciences, medical studies and the arts. In combination with its academic offerings, API strives to maximize each student's potential for personal growth through well-designed orientation programs, extensive cultural and social outings, carefully selected housing options, and a variety of excursions. API takes student safety seriously and provides extensive safety information, medical and evacuation insurance, and 24-hour emergency access to directors on site to ensure that students stay healthy and happy abroad.
API has grown rapidly since its founding nearly 20 years ago. We now send more than 4,000 students and participants abroad annually to over 50 cities within twenty-nine countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Oceania. Our success is owed in large part to the dedication of our staff, both stateside and abroad, and the strong relationships we have cultivated with partner universities. We strive to provide individual attention to every participant and attract students from colleges and universities across the United States, public and private, large and small.
- APIExplore this old world Spanish city while studying on a modern campus. Step back in time to experience a true southern Spanish lifestyle.
- APIThe Integrated Studies Program is a great opportunity for the motivated, advanced Spanish speaker who wants to complete their courses in Spanish with local students.
- APIThe French Language and Culture Program at the Université de Caen, Basse-Normandie is available to students at all levels of French.
- APIThe summer program at the Université de Caen Basse-Normandie is open to all levels of French speakers interested in an intensive language and cultural immersion experience.
- APIStudents at the University College Cork – National University of Ireland (UCC) choose from a range of undergraduate courses offered in the Faculties of Arts, Celtic Studies, Commerce, Engineering, Food Science and Technology, Law and Science.
- APIThis program is specifically for students interested in studying Irish studies, and is available to 2nd semester freshmen and above. Students will live in student apartments, and all students will have a private bedroom with interest access.
- APIAPI students at Maynooth University choose from a range of undergraduate courses as offered in the Faculty of Arts, Celtic Studies and Philosophy, the Faculty of Science and Engineering, and the Faculty of Social Sciences. SPECIALTY PROGRAMS In addition
- APIStudents who want to study abroad in Dublin should consider looking a little outside of the city at the charming Irish town of Maynooth! This four week summer program presents the best of both worlds
- APIStudents begin this program with two five-week intensive academic courses taught by faculty onsite, followed by a seven-week full time internship placement.
- APIAPI students at Trinity College Dublin (TCD) choose from a range of undergraduate classes open to Irish and international students. Students generally select 5-6 of the courses offered at TCD. On the API website students will be able to find more inform