API was founded in 1997 by four women dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable study abroad programs for U.S. students. Their diverse experiences abroad, first as students and later as professionals, shaped their philosophy on the value of international education as a means of promoting intellectual curiosity, cultural sensitivity, and holistic personal development. API firmly believes that extensive pre-departure preparation, coupled with strong support services on-site, facilitates academic, cultural and linguistic learning. Within the supportive environment of the API programs, API students are encouraged to explore their host communities and become increasingly independent and confident in their own abilities. API also believes that study abroad should be an activity that is accessible to as many students as possible, and in that vein, seeks to include as many components in the program price as possible for students at a low cost.
API programs offer U.S. college and university students the opportunity to earn college credit toward their degree programs in the U.S. by completing coursework in a wide variety of disciplines, including such fields as business, the social sciences, medical studies and the arts. In combination with its academic offerings, API strives to maximize each student's potential for personal growth through well-designed orientation programs, extensive cultural and social outings, carefully selected housing options, and a variety of excursions. API takes student safety seriously and provides extensive safety information, medical and evacuation insurance, and 24-hour emergency access to directors on site to ensure that students stay healthy and happy abroad.
API has grown rapidly since its founding nearly 20 years ago. We now send more than 4,000 students and participants abroad annually to over 50 cities within twenty-nine countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Oceania. Our success is owed in large part to the dedication of our staff, both stateside and abroad, and the strong relationships we have cultivated with partner universities. We strive to provide individual attention to every participant and attract students from colleges and universities across the United States, public and private, large and small.
- APIThe January Intersession Program provides the opportunity for undergraduate students to earn academic credit, as well as a chance for independent or adult students to study abroad for professional development or career advancement.
- APIAPI students have the opportunity to earn valuable credits through real-world internships in Florence with LdM! FREE ELECTIVE PROGRAM 15-16 CREDIT HOURS PER SEMESTER (3-4 CREDITS IN LANGUAGE; 12 CREDITS IN ELECTIVES)
- APIAPI students who want to study abroad in Florence may choose from over 400 courses at Lorenzo de’ Medici – The Italian International Institute – Florence (LdM).
- APIAPI students at Lorenzo de’ Medici – The Italian International Institute (LdM) – Florence may participate in one of three different academic programs: ONE ELECTIVE PROGRAM 3 credit hours per summer session Students may choose any one course from the cour
- APIThis new summer program in Galway uses Ireland as your subject matter for environmental and ecology-focused programming!
- APIThis program provides an integrated introduction to Irish Studies, incorporating elements from all the contributing disciplines.
- APIAPI students at the National University of Ireland, Galway (NUI, Galway) choose from a range of undergraduate courses as offered in the Faculties of Arts (humanities), Commerce (business), Engineering, and Science.
- APIAcross all of Griffith's campuses, students can choose from subjects such as business and government, criminology and law, health studies, education, engineering, IT, humanities, social sciences, and much more.
- APIDesigned for students who wish to study abroad in Granada to acquire a deeper knowledge of Spanish language and culture, the Hispanic Studies program allows students to take an advanced language course along with several elective courses in Spanish.
- APIThe Intensive Language Program is designed for beginning, intermediate, advanced and superior level students who want to quickly advance their Spanish skills over the course of one semester. There are no cultural electives offered within this program.