This program is specifically for students interested in studying Irish studies, and is available to 2nd semester freshmen and above. Students will live in student apartments, and all students will have a private bedroom with interest access.
- Cork, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- The University College Cork Summer School in Irish Studies endeavors to create a unique learning experience through a fusion of culture, landscape and rigorous history and literature examinations. The School is conducted at the 300 level (upper division) and is suitable for students of history and literature, post-graduates, teachers and researchers in Irish Studies and those generally interested in Irish culture. During the summer session students explore the history, literature, and culture of the Irish through the ages. Pre-Departure Services: Advising, @api Online Resources, Orientation Materials and Support, Mobile Phone, Peer Mentors, Social Networking, Scholarships On-Site Services: Airport Reception, Resident Directors and Staff, API Center, Housing (including meals and laundry with host families), Tuition, Tutoring, Language and Culture Tools, Medical and Life Insurance, Excursions (overnight and international), Social and Cultural Activities, Welcome and Farewell Group Meals, Volunteer Opportunities Re-Entry Services: Re-Entry Materials and Support, Post-Program Evaluation, Transcript, Alumni Network and Development Opportunities
- Setting Description:
- This lively city on the beautiful south coast of Ireland is the country’s second largest city. Cork is known for its great contributions to architecture, design, music, dance, theater, film, food, literature and sports. Students can soak in the culture by visiting the Opera House, theaters, museums or by attending one of the many festivals held throughout the year. Cork is located only a few miles from the famous Blarney Castle and Blarney Stone. St. Finbarr’s Cathedral with its three spires and elaborate High Victorian interior is one of Cork’s most famous landmarks. Students and locals alike enjoy walking along St. Patrick Street and finding restaurants and pubs along the way. The large city market that is held daily is the perfect place to see Cork’s traditional commercial vibrancy in action. Come experience both traditional and modern Ireland with API in Cork!
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 2.85 G.P.A. Open to freshmen (2nd semester), sophomores, juniors, and seniors Open to students with at least 1 semester of college study
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program