API was founded in 1997 by four women dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable study abroad programs for U.S. students. Their diverse experiences abroad, first as students and later as professionals, shaped their philosophy on the value of international education as a means of promoting intellectual curiosity, cultural sensitivity, and holistic personal development. API firmly believes that extensive pre-departure preparation, coupled with strong support services on-site, facilitates academic, cultural and linguistic learning. Within the supportive environment of the API programs, API students are encouraged to explore their host communities and become increasingly independent and confident in their own abilities. API also believes that study abroad should be an activity that is accessible to as many students as possible, and in that vein, seeks to include as many components in the program price as possible for students at a low cost.
API programs offer U.S. college and university students the opportunity to earn college credit toward their degree programs in the U.S. by completing coursework in a wide variety of disciplines, including such fields as business, the social sciences, medical studies and the arts. In combination with its academic offerings, API strives to maximize each student's potential for personal growth through well-designed orientation programs, extensive cultural and social outings, carefully selected housing options, and a variety of excursions. API takes student safety seriously and provides extensive safety information, medical and evacuation insurance, and 24-hour emergency access to directors on site to ensure that students stay healthy and happy abroad.
API has grown rapidly since its founding nearly 20 years ago. We now send more than 4,000 students and participants abroad annually to over 50 cities within twenty-nine countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Oceania. Our success is owed in large part to the dedication of our staff, both stateside and abroad, and the strong relationships we have cultivated with partner universities. We strive to provide individual attention to every participant and attract students from colleges and universities across the United States, public and private, large and small.
- APIThis program is designed for students at all levels who wish to begin or to improve their knowledge of Spanish language in an immersion setting.
- APIThis program is ideal for students who would like to improve their writing skills and knowledge of upper-level grammar, while also taking culture courses in addition to their language studies. Internships are also available in this program.
- APIThis program is ideal for students who would like to improve their writing skills and knowledge of upper-level grammar, while also taking culture courses in addition to their language studies.
- APIThis program has a joint focus on language and culture, allowing the student to develop and improve his/her linguistic skills while enjoying an introduction to the major topics of Spanish culture.
- APILive and learn with API at Harlaxton College, situated in an authentic English manor! Take courses in British studies, psychology, arts, business and more!
- APIExperience life in a traditional English setting with API's summer program at Harlaxton College. Take a course and experience learning both in and outside the classroom.
- APIThis program is available to students who wish to study French culture and language immersion in an intensive and focused setting. Open to all undergraduates and language skill levels.
- APIThis program is designed for students who are interested in pursuing a summer of intensive French language study. This program is available to all students at any French level.
- APIThis intensive language program is open to all levels of French speakers. Students will be taking French language courses focused on writing, oral expression and pronunciation, grammar, and vocabulary.
- APIThis program is designed for students interested in business or international business. Business classes will be taught in English, and courses will be offered on specific academic tracks.