- Dublin, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
API students at Maynooth University choose from a range of undergraduate courses as offered in the Faculty of Arts, Celtic Studies and Philosophy, the Faculty of Science and Engineering, and the Faculty of Social Sciences.
In addition to the normal class offerings at Maynooth University, API semester students may participate in the Certificate in Irish Studies and Certificate in International Business programs
API students at NUIM have the exciting opportunity to participate in a university-sponsored mentoring program. NUIM’s Mentoring Program facilitates intercultural exchange by matching full-time Irish students with recently arrived study abroad students. It is a program with mutualbenefits! The local Irish student mentors are eager to share the area they know so well with their API student mentee, and the API studentsare encouraged to integrate with local students and learn more about Irish life, both inside and out of the university setting.
Maynooth University offers students the best of both worlds – a small-town experience located within an easy commute of Dublin city. The school prides itself on being Ireland’s only “university town,” and the beautiful, historic campus is closely integrated within the vibrant County Kildare town of Maynooth. The university traces its origins directly to the foundation in 1795 of St. Patrick’s College, Maynooth, and it is Ireland’s second oldest university. Maynooth University has a long-standing international reputation for learning and academic excellence in the sciences and humanities.
- Setting Description:
- As the capital of the Republic of Ireland, Dublin is one of the liveliest cities in Europe. With one of the youngest populations comprising people from many different parts of Europe and the globe, the city has a full and varied cultural and intellectual life, which brings together the best of traditional Ireland and of modern Europe. Dublin is particularly fortunate to have many theaters, museums and galleries throughout the city. Famous for its literary and musical tradition, Ireland’s capital has been home to well known writers, playwrights, actors, and musicians for many years. A particular feature is the tradition of live music in every conceivable venue, from street artists to the National Concert Hall to the many pubs where traditional Irish music still flourishes. In the literary field, the contribution of native sons has been outstanding, with Jonathan Swift, Oliver Goldsmith, Oscar Wilde, George Bernard Shaw, W.B. Yeats, and Samuel Beckett amongst the most prominent.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum G.P.A. 3.0 *Open to freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program