- Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Come study with API in the picturesque, walled city of Dubrovnik. Students will live and study within the medieval city walls and explore all that Dubrovnik has to offer!
Students who choose to study abroad in Dubrovnik with API will take courses at Libertas International University (formerly known as DIU Libertas International University). Libertas is the first private university in Croatia, ideally situated along the Adriatic Sea and located within the ancient city walls of Dubrovnik. Dubrovnik’s unique diplomatic and economic history makes it the perfect location to pursue the study of international affairs.
The international relations and diplomacy courses offer an interdisciplinary approach to the constantly evolving field of international relations. Students consider a wide range of contemporary issues in international relations, from globalization to international organizations and international law to the role of civil society in global governance.
The majority of courses are taught in English in an intimate setting with an average of less than 10 students per course. The student body consists of a diverse group of international and Croatian students. API students may also elect to take an introductory Croatian language course during their time at Libertas. This program also offers an internship opportunity to intern with local NGOs and/or local media and news agencies. While this option does not grant credit, students will receive a certificate of participation.
- Setting Description:
- The city of Dubrovnik is recognized throughout the world as a place with a distinct identity in terms of traits and factors which conditioned its development. These include diplomacy, international relations and trade, relations between civilizations and art. This rich heritage along with Dubrovnik’s marvelous diplomatic and economic history, which is still evident throughout the ancient city, makes it the perfect location to pursue the study of international affairs and business.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *2.5 G.P.A. *Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.