API was founded in 1997 by four women dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable study abroad programs for U.S. students. Their diverse experiences abroad, first as students and later as professionals, shaped their philosophy on the value of international education as a means of promoting intellectual curiosity, cultural sensitivity, and holistic personal development. API firmly believes that extensive pre-departure preparation, coupled with strong support services on-site, facilitates academic, cultural and linguistic learning. Within the supportive environment of the API programs, API students are encouraged to explore their host communities and become increasingly independent and confident in their own abilities. API also believes that study abroad should be an activity that is accessible to as many students as possible, and in that vein, seeks to include as many components in the program price as possible for students at a low cost.
API programs offer U.S. college and university students the opportunity to earn college credit toward their degree programs in the U.S. by completing coursework in a wide variety of disciplines, including such fields as business, the social sciences, medical studies and the arts. In combination with its academic offerings, API strives to maximize each student's potential for personal growth through well-designed orientation programs, extensive cultural and social outings, carefully selected housing options, and a variety of excursions. API takes student safety seriously and provides extensive safety information, medical and evacuation insurance, and 24-hour emergency access to directors on site to ensure that students stay healthy and happy abroad.
API has grown rapidly since its founding nearly 20 years ago. We now send more than 4,000 students and participants abroad annually to over 50 cities within twenty-nine countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Oceania. Our success is owed in large part to the dedication of our staff, both stateside and abroad, and the strong relationships we have cultivated with partner universities. We strive to provide individual attention to every participant and attract students from colleges and universities across the United States, public and private, large and small.
- APIStudy at Griffith University at the Brisbane campus and see why students fall in love with Australia. Learn at one of Australia's top universities with special research and certificate programs, Honors college, internship opportunities, and more!
- APIAPI students complete their classes within the International Study Programs (ISP) department of the Corvinus University of Budapest. All students who have not previously studied Hungarian are required to take a Hungarian language course. Students are aut
- APIStudents interested in Argentine and Latin American culture, economics, history, and politics are ideally suited to the study abroad in Buenos Aires in API’s Program of Argentine and Latin American Studies.
- APIThis program offers high intermediate and advanced Spanish speakers the opportunity study abroad in Buenos Aires and select a grammar course combined with one of four courses related to art, literature and culture in Argentina and Latin America.
- APIThis program offers two tracks: one for students who prefer to take some or all coursework in English and an advanced track for students who prefer to take all of their coursework in Spanish.
- APIThe Intensive Language Program is designed for students who want to quickly advance their Spanish skills. There are no cultural electives offered within this program; students complete a series of intensive Spanish language courses.
- APIThe Intensive Language Program is designed for students who want to study Spanish language only, as there are no cultural electives offered within this program. Students complete a total of 100 contact hours per 4-week summer session. Though 45 contact
- APIStudy with local Argentine students in English and Spanish with API! This program offers a unique service-learning course and an early start option to help students jump-start their Spanish language prior to starting their semester coursework.
- APIGreat study/intern opportunity for students looking to teach Spanish or English as a second language in the future!
- APICourses are taught in Spanish and English, giving students access to a wide range of coursework - some even with local Spaniards! This program also offers volunteer opportunities for students looking to give back to their local host community.