- Dublin, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
API students at Trinity College Dublin (TCD) choose from a range of undergraduate classes open to Irish and international students. Students generally select 5-6 of the courses offered at TCD. On the API website students will be able to find more information about available courses, including credit amounts, syllabi, and descriptions. Students can also determine if there are any lab fees and/or prerequisites. SEMESTER START UP PROGRAM The Semester Start Up Program (SSP) offers an ideal way to gain an introduction to Irish studies through a carefully guided introduction to Ireland’s history, archaeology, culture, and literature. This program allows students to acclimate to the Irish university system, better preparing them to be able to integrate with the local Irish students when regular fall classes begin. It is recommended that students apply early if they are interested in the SSP program.
Trinity College Dublin was founded in 1592 by Queen Elizabeth I, and is the oldest university in Ireland and one of the most prestigious in all of Europe. The campus has hosted some of the top Irish intellectuals for 400 years, and is located in the heart of bustling Dublin, near the River Liffey, the main shopping and club districts, and many Irish government buildings.
- Setting Description:
- As the capital of the Republic of Ireland, Dublin is one of the liveliest cities in Europe. With one of the youngest populations comprising people from many different parts of Europe and the globe, the city has a full and varied cultural and intellectual life, which brings together the best of traditional Ireland and of modern Europe. Dublin is particularly fortunate to have many theaters, museums and galleries throughout the city. Famous for its literary and musical tradition, Ireland’s capital has been home to well known writers, playwrights, actors, and musicians for many years. A particular feature is the tradition of live music in every conceivable venue, from street artists to the National Concert Hall to the many pubs where traditional Irish music still flourishes. In the literary field, the contribution of native sons has been outstanding, with Jonathan Swift, Oliver Goldsmith, Oscar Wilde, George Bernard Shaw, W.B. Yeats, and Samuel Beckett amongst the most prominent.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum G.P.A. 3.1 *Open to juniors & seniors *Completed API application
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.