- Dublin, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year
- Program Description:
University College Dublin is a dynamic, modern university where cutting-edge research and scholarship provide a stimulating intellectual environment – the ideal surroundings for learning and discovery. For over 150 years, UCD has produced graduates of remarkable distinction including famous surgeons, architects, entrepreneurs and five of Ireland’s Taoisigh (Prime Ministers). Perhaps the best known of all its graduates is the writer James Joyce, who completed his Bachelor of Arts at the university in 1902.
Students at the University College Dublin (UCD) choose from a range of undergraduate courses offered in the Faculties of American Studies, Arts and Celtic Studies, Business, Engineering, Human Sciences, Law, Life Sciences, and Mathematical & Physical Sciences. Courses are arranged in the seminar and lecture style, and grades are based predominantly on work submitted during the semester and by final exam.
- Setting Description:
- As the capital of the Republic of Ireland, Dublin is one of the liveliest cities in Europe. With one of the youngest populations comprising people from many different parts of Europe and the globe, the city has a full and varied cultural and intellectual life, which brings together the best of traditional Ireland and of modern Europe. Dublin is particularly fortunate to have many theaters, museums and galleries throughout the city. Famous for its literary and musical tradition, Ireland’s capital has been home to well known writers, playwrights, actors, and musicians for many years. A particular feature is the tradition of live music in every conceivable venue, from street artists to the National Concert Hall to the many pubs where traditional Irish music still flourishes. In the literary field, the contribution of native sons has been outstanding, with Jonathan Swift, Oliver Goldsmith, Oscar Wilde, George Bernard Shaw, W.B. Yeats, and Samuel Beckett amongst the most prominent.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum G.P.A. 3.0 *Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program