- Caen, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Founded in 1432, the Université de Caen, Basse-Normandie is one of Europe’s oldest academic institutions, and is located in the center of Caen. It is a multi-disciplinary university, welcomes 24,000 students each year and offers at more than one hundred different programs.
This program is designed to provide summer students who wish to study abroad in Caen with the necessary language tools for an immediate immersion into the French civilization and way of life, and to enable them to gain a sufficient autonomy in a various range of communication situations. Students will take 45 hours of French language (for 3 semester credits), and will then be required to select an afternoon cultural module for an additional 30 hours (for 2 semester credits). In total, students will earn 5 semester credits for this program.
Because the mandatory afternoon cultural modules each carry different prices, we have itemized the minimal fees separately per course, which will be reflected on the course offerings page and dates and fees pages.
Coursework is supplemented by cultural activities and excursions, which will take place on free afternoons and weekends to enhance the learning experience.
- Setting Description:
- Caen is located in the heart of Normandy: a few miles from the coast, the landing beaches, the bustling resort of Deauville and Cabourg, Norman Switzerland or Pays d’Auge and two hours northwest of Paris. As the city of William the Conqueror and as a key site of the Battle of Normandy in the Second World War, Caen is well known for its history. The city has preserved the memory by erecting a memorial of peace: the Caen Memorial Museum. Normandy offers picturesque villages, green pastures, a warm welcome and it is the ideal spot for water-sports, hiking, horse riding and all open-air activities. In Caen there is something for you whether your interest lies in history, art, architecture, gastronomy and sport or just enjoying the countryside. With a population of 115,000, Caen is the perfect place to study and enjoy life!
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Development Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors Open to all levels of French speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program