- Dublin, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Students who want to study abroad in Dublin should consider looking a little outside of the city at the charming Irish town of Maynooth! This four week summer program presents the best of both worlds – the opportunity to live and study in Ireland’s only university town in a rural setting, while being only a half-hour away from the hustle and bustle of Dublin. The Maynooth University summer school offers the largest number of summer course options of any of our Ireland programs in topics such as international business, economics, history, literature, anthropology, geography, and environmental studies. Courses include unique field trips to places such as the Irish Parliament, the National Library, country estates, and more!
- Setting Description:
- As the capital of the Republic of Ireland, Dublin is one of the liveliest cities in Europe. With one of the youngest populations comprising people from many different parts of Europe and the globe, the city has a full and varied cultural and intellectual life, which brings together the best of traditional Ireland and of modern Europe. Dublin is particularly fortunate to have many theaters, museums and galleries throughout the city. Famous for its literary and musical tradition, Ireland’s capital has been home to well known writers, playwrights, actors, and musicians for many years. A particular feature is the tradition of live music in every conceivable venue, from street artists to the National Concert Hall to the many pubs where traditional Irish music still flourishes. In the literary field, the contribution of native sons has been outstanding, with Jonathan Swift, Oliver Goldsmith, Oscar Wilde, George Bernard Shaw, W.B. Yeats, and Samuel Beckett amongst the most prominent.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.75 GPA *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $450,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program