- Madrid, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
Study psychology and gain research experience on this program based in Madrid.
This program is geared toward Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) and Bachelor of Science (B.S.) psychology majors and minors. During the 6-week summer program, you will take Introduction to Biological Psychology and Research Laboratory in Psychology. Both courses fulfill Psychology B.A./B.S. requirements. During the semester program, you will take Sensation and Perception, Learning and Behavior, and Research Laboratory in Psychology, along with other English-taught courses. The three psychology courses fulfill psychology B.A./B.S. requirements. Both the summer and semester programs will allow you to gain an international perspective on psychology and hands-on research experience.
This program is offered in partnership with the prestigious Fundación Ortega–Marañon in Madrid and the University of Minnesota's Department of Psychology. The Fundación is located in the central part of Madrid, near Paseo de la Castellana. Due to its location, it is easy to catch public transportation to any other part of the city.
Day excursions to places such as Alcalá de Henares, El Escorial, and Toledo, as well as a three-day excursion to other parts of Spain, are included in the program fee.
- Setting Description:
- Take your psychology study to charming Madrid, the capital of Spain and the sixth-largest city in the world. While there, visit museums, enjoy the energy of sports matches, watch world-class flamenco dancers, and take in all the city has to offer.
Additional Program Information
- 2.5 GPA; preference given to students with two semesters college-level Spanish or more. Completion of PSY 1001, BIOL 1009, OR NSCI 1100 required. ; American degree-seeking students
- Scholarships Description:
- The Learning Abroad Center’s Study Abroad Scholarship provides awards for non-University of Minnesota undergraduate students going on eligible Learning Abroad Center credit-bearing programs.