- Sevilla, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Pablo de Olavide University is a state institution founded in 1997. Its mission is to educate the men and women of tomorrow through a strong academic program, innovative research, and a highly educated faculty. Taking full advantage of its resources and structure, it offers meaningful solutions to the scientific, technical and cultural challenges society faces today. Located on a beautiful 345-acre campus about five miles from Seville, the University is easily accessible by public transportation ( a 30-minute metro ride from Seville’s city center).
This program caters to the needs of those with little or no background in Spanish by offering classes taught in English both on Spanish culture as well as in business and science. Students with more advanced study in Spanish can also choose from a variety of classes in Spanish culture and civilization.
- Setting Description:
- Seville, capital of Andalusia and Spain’s 4th largest city, is located between the Sierra Morena mountains and the Atlantic Ocean. Enjoying culture from the Romans, Visigoths, Muslims, Jews and Christians throughout the ages, and serving as the focal point of the Spanish Renaissance, Seville is rich in history and tradition. When visiting Seville one can experience the city as it was centuries ago. The lovely winding streets and active public squares of the Barrio Santa Cruz allow the visitor insight into the oldest portion of the city, and the list of monuments and historic sites is seemingly endless. The Tower of Gold once served as landmark for arriving ships and Seville’s amazing Cathedral houses the tomb of Christopher Columbus. The 12th century Moorish palace, the Alcázar, is the oldest palace-fortress still in use by European royalty.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.9 G.P.A. *Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.