This program caters to the needs of those with little or no background in Spanish by offering classes taught in English both on Spanish culture as well as in business and science.
- Sevilla, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- This program caters to the needs of those with little or no background in Spanish by offering classes taught in English both on Spanish culture as well as in business and science. Students with more advanced study in Spanish can also choose from a variety of classes in Spanish culture and civilization. Each class is equivalent to three semester credits. A placement exam determines the language level of each student. Spanish language classes have a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 16 students per class. All other classes have a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 25 students per class. Classes are held Monday through Thursday. The list of courses presented is for both the fall and spring semesters. Course offerings are subject to sufficient enrollment. Students enroll in four to five classes, or 12-15 semester credits per semester, and may choose to study for one semester or for the full year. Although this is not a Spanish immersion program, students are HIGHLY encouraged to take at least one Spanish language course. Advanced level students may take a variety of upper level content courses in Spanish and/or English. Superior level students may take up to 2 regular classes with Spanish students. Pre-Departure Services: Advising, @api Online Resources, Orientation Materials and Support, Mobile Phone, Peer Mentors, Social Networking, Scholarships On-Site Services: Airport Reception, Resident Directors and Staff, API Center, Housing (including meals and laundry with host families), Tuition, Tutoring, Language and Culture Tools, Medical and Life Insurance, Excursions (overnight and international), Social and Cultural Activities, Welcome and Farewell Group Meals, Volunteer Opportunities Re-Entry Services: Re-Entry Materials and Support, Post-Program Evaluation, Transcript, Alumni Network and Development Opportunities
- Setting Description:
- Seville, capital of Andalusia and Spain’s 4th largest city, is located between the Sierra Morena mountains and the Atlantic Ocean. Enjoying culture from the Romans, Visigoths, Muslims, Jews and Christians throughout the ages, and serving as the focal point of the Spanish Renaissance, Seville is rich in history and tradition. When visiting Seville one can experience the city as it was centuries ago. The lovely winding streets and active public squares of the Barrio Santa Cruz allow the visitor insight into the oldest portion of the city, and the list of monuments and historic sites is seemingly endless. The Tower of Gold once served as landmark for arriving ships and Seville’s amazing Cathedral houses the tomb of Christopher Columbus. The 12th century Moorish palace, the Alcázar, is the oldest palace-fortress still in use by European royalty.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.9 G.P.A. *Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program