- Sevilla, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
Seville, the capital of Andalusia and Spain’s 4th largest city, is located between the Sierra Morena mountains and the Atlantic Ocean. Enjoying culture from the Romans, Visigoths, Muslims, Jews, and Christians throughout the ages, and serving as the focal point of the Spanish Renaissance, Seville is rich in history and tradition. Students will enjoy experiencing Spanish cultural through activities such as flamenco dancing, bullfighting, and much more!
API offers students two university options for study abroad in Seville:
Founded in 1502, the Universidad de Sevilla is one of the most well-known universities in Spain. It is located in the heart of the city and features some of Seville’s most beautiful buildings. Students focus on language acquisition, cultural enrichment, and historic discoveries.
The Universidad Pablo de Olavide is a state institution founded in 1997. Its mission is to educate the men and women of tomorrow through a strong academic program, innovative research, and a highly educated faculty. Taking full advantage of its resources and structure, it offers meaningful solutions to the scientific, technical and cultural challenges society faces today. Located on a beautiful 345-acre campus about five miles from Seville, it is easily accessible by public transportation ( a 30-minute metro ride from Seville’s city center).
- Setting Description:
- When visiting Seville one can experience the city as it was centuries ago. The lovely winding streets and active public squares of the Barrio Santa Cruz allow the visitor insight into the oldest portion of the city, and the list of monuments and historic sites is seemingly endless. The Tower of Gold once served as a landmark for arriving ships, and Seville’s amazing Cathedral houses the tomb of Christopher Columbus. The 12th-century Moorish palace, the Alcázar, is the oldest palace-fortress still in use by European royalty.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- Please see API website
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Spring 2019 in Seville03/26/20
I spent my Spring of 2020 in Seville, Spain. I was very excited for my experience abroad however, I was nervous about completely immersing myself into a country with a different language. I can now say that it was one of the best decisions that I have
ever made. I had wonderful classes in Spain including a Literary Traditions in Spanish Speaking Countries course as well as a Spanish Cuisine class. Many of my classes would take us on field trips in order for us to see what we were learning or would bring the experience to the classroom. It was a little hard living away from home however, my host family made me feel completely welcome and took care of me to the fullest. Seville is a beautiful place to see and it is a city where most things are just a walk away. I would recommend Seville for anyone that wanted a city that is full of rich history.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend