- Salamanca, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Program Description:
API High School offers high school students the chance to study Spanish language and culture during the summer in an immersion setting and earn college credit! Students will live with host families in the university town of Salamanca, Spain. Programs range from two to four weeks in length.
Classes for the non-credit option (14-15 year olds) are held during the mornings at a centrally-located language and culture institute in Salamanca; classes for the college credit option (16-18 year olds) are held at the University of Salamanca. Afternoons and weekends are filled with cultural activities and organized excursions.
- Setting Description:
- Salamanca is an ideal Spanish location to spend the summer learning Spanish language and culture. It is considered one of the most spectacular Renaissance cities in Europe, and its Plaza Mayor is said to be the most beautiful in Spain.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A. Open to high school students ages 14-18 only (completing grades 8-11). No previous Spanish language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.