- Sevilla, Spain; Salamanca, Spain; Barcelona, Spain; Madrid, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
Take a gap year in Spain! API offers year- and semester-long gap programs in four locations within Spain: Barcelona, Madrid, Salamanca, and Seville. In all locations, API gap students will have the chance to study the Spanish language and culture, with classes taught in Spanish (and English in some locations). All students will take university-level courses for college credit. Throughout the semester, students will also be able to participate in cultural activities and excursions, which will provide greater insight into the Spanish way of life.
Gap students in Seville are also offered a unique opportunity to participate in a customized, professional internship abroad. This 8-Week Fixed Date Internship is a full time internship with a local company or organization, with an option for college credit. This program is great for students who are looking to gain work experience or exploring a new career option for the future.
- Setting Description:
- Wherever you choose to study in Spain, you will be sure to notice that there is not just one Spain but many, and the differences are evident wherever you look: in language, culture and artistic traditions, in landscapes and cityscapes, attitudes and politics.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. Study option is open to high school graduates ages 17 and up. No previous Spanish language study required. Internships in Seville are open to high school graduates ages 18 and up. One year of high school level Spanish or the equivalent is recommended but not required.
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program