• In 2012, SNU ISI recorded a 41% growth in student enrollment from the previous year. (one of the fastest growing summer programs in South Korea) • SNU was founded in 1946 as the first national university in Korea. • SNU is 5th in terms of the nu
- Seoul, Korea
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- This six-week immersion program from July 3- August 6, 2014 is eligible for CURRENT COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY STUDENTS as well as HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS GRADUATING IN THE SPRING OF 2014. The summer program will take place in the heart of South Korea’s capitol, Seoul. Students will have the opportunity to study and interact with prestigious faculty and students from all over the world at Korea's most prominent university. With more than 25 courses offered all in English ranging from topics related in East Asian Studies and the Arts and Humanities, to more practical courses such as Korean Language, students can choose from a wide array of classes that fully suits their specific interests. In addition, students will discover and be completely engrossed into the Korean culture and society. Through interactions with SNU students in class along with several cultural exposing excursions, students will experience Korea’s dynamic society.
• In 2012, SNU ISI recorded a 41% growth in student enrollment from the previous year. (one of the fastest growing summer programs in South Korea) • SNU was founded in 1946 as the first national university in Korea. • SNU is 5th in terms of the number of alumni holding CEO positions in the world’s 500 leading companies (Ecole des Mines de Paris-MINES Paris Tech, 2009) • SNU is ranked as the 4th best university in the Asia(QS Asian University Rankings, 2012)
• Exposure to the diversity resulting in deeper understanding of Korea’s culture along with a greater appreciation of one’s own culture. • A comparative perspective on the similarities and differences from students in different educational backgrounds • Regardless of profession, employers seek to hire employees who bring fresh, innovative ideas usually stemming from an international experience • International network of friends and professional connections
- Setting Description:
- SNU is located at the foot of Mount Gwanak. Its campus is well-known for its beauty and serves as a convenient base for exploring Seoul and Korea.
- Tuition: $3,200 and up (up to 8 units, about 2-4 courses) Travel: Independent Transportation to Seoul, South Korea Program Fee: $1400 Program fee includes: application fee ($200 but waived if you sign up during early registration period), housing in student dorm ($800, optional), and cultural activities, tours, and field trips ($400, optional).
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program