- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Semester, Summer, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Journalism, Law, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Intern in Rome with CISabroad to experience the best of personal and professional development while enhancing your Italian language skills and immersing in the culture of the "Eternal City!" CISabroad's Intern in Rome program provides a custom international internship, housing, support services, cultural activities, and everything else you need to make the most of your time in Rome.
Here are some great features of the Intern in Rome program:
Customized internship placement - Whether you are interested in international relations, photography, studio art or nutrition, we have the internship for you! Rome is the perfect place for an internship abroad with either an international or local focus because it is home to hundreds of large organizations including UNICEF, UNESCO and more. Our internship program is geared towards a wide variety of fields, and we try to accommodate every major. We tailor each internship to match your professional and personal academic goals, while taking into consideration your background, skills, and placement preferences.
Customizable program - Choose to intern in either English or Italian, depending on your skill and language abilities. Make the most of the local culture through a variety of program activities - choose your favorites (or do them all!), with activities such as local tours, restaurant outings, gelato tours, open air market tours, olive picking (seasonal), and hiking. Internships are available year-round, during your semester, summer, winter break or J-Term, or post-graduation, from 8 to 12 weeks for all fields. 4 week internships are also available for select fields. If you want to earn academic credit, you have a couple options to do so.
International business and career coaching - This program features business and career coaching for each and every participant. Workshops take place at the end of the program and focus on how to use this international internship to jump-start your career. Our on-site staff works with you to boost your resume, prepare for interviews, become a better public speaker, and will give you all of the necessary skills to be a good candidate in the international job market.
Immersion in the Italian language and culture - The great thing about interning in Rome is that you can immerse yourself in the Italian language just by living and working within the city. You will be given the unique chance to work alongside Italians, but we also offer Italian language classes to get you started. No previous Italian language experience is required. The first week is intensive, focusing solely on improving your language ability. From there on out and through the duration of your program, you can take language classes around your work schedule. The language classes are a great tool to integrate yourself into the local community and are included in your program fee!
360° Networking Toolkit - With our unique networking toolkit, interns will receive a crash course on the international business world. We will provide you with business cards, resume rebuilding, mock interviews and a congratulatory certificate upon completion of the program. Interns will also have access to seminars covering a wide range of topics such as: building LinkedIn accounts, interview tips, international resume experience and more!
We know that the opportunity to do a customized international internship in the "Eternal City" of Rome is pretty amazing, and here are just a few reasons why you will probably think the same: Enjoy food from local markets or try an on-site cooking class Cultural activities including olive picking (fall only), a welcome/farewell dinner and a hike to Castel Gandolfo Lake Flexible start dates and free airport pick-up Comprehensive Italian language classes with tours of Rome included International career and business counseling workshops Weekend excursions and independent travel advice -- 2 day trips included! Diverse internship placement working alongside Italians 24/7 on-site support from our full-time, English-speaking staff Pre-departure advising, orientation and weekly meetings with a Rome tutor Full medical and accident insurance as well as a 24-hour emergency hotline
Pre-departure support Internship placement and supervision Housing (shared or single bedroom in apartment or student residence) Airport pick-up Italian language courses (1 week intensive, scheduled around internship after week 1) Cultural activities and field trips Full-time on-site support staff On-site orientation Medical and accident insurance Financial aid counseling Assistance with travel arrangements Carbon offset of travel
- Setting Description:
- Rome is the hub of European politics, art, fashion and more! It offers a wide variety of cultural sites for interns to explore including the Capitoline museum, Galleria Borghese, the Coliseum, and everything in between! Snap some photos on the Spanish steps, throw a coin into the Trevi Fountain and catch a glimpse of the Pope near St. Peter’s basilica. Enjoy the mild Mediterranean climate as you walk through the local markets and explore the ancient ruins scattered throughout the city. After doing so, it will become easy to see why Rome earned the nickname of the “Eternal City” after standing as a central Italian city for over 2,000 years. While in Rome, you can hop over to one of the smallest countries in the world, Vatican City. It houses the breathtaking Sistine Chapel and endless amounts of beautiful artwork. The best part is that interns are given the chance to travel to other countries during their time in Europe. Spain, France, the Netherlands, Germany and Greece are only a two
- For current costs and dates please visit our CISabroad website.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Intern in Rome10/14/16
Interning in Rome was definitely an experience I will remember for the rest of my life. As a Sophomore in college, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. Interning truly helped me discover the right career path for me. I hope to live
and work abroad, so this experience gave me a taste of what that might be like. I developed so many skills by working abroad, including professional workplace skills, critical thinking, formal writing, research, etc. Outside of the workplace, I was able to gain the confidence to live on my own abroad, which is something I was nervous about as a young woman who had never travelled alone. The CISabroad staff were so incredibly lovely. They were always there to help me. Rome is so easy to fall in love with. I truly felt like I was living in a fantasy world. Everywhere you look is breathtaking, and there's always a new area to explore. I also fell in love with Italian culture, especially how genuinely friendly people are. I miss living and working in Italy each and every day.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend