- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Education, Fashion, Journalism, Medical, Psychology, Religion, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
API students in Florence study at Lorenzo de’ Medici – The Italian International Institute (LdM). The campus is primarily located in a 13th century AD convent in the heart of Florence. The facilities have been modernized and the city surroundings offer students a canvas on which to learn, create and challenge themselves in their academic and personal endeavors. LdM offers students a wide selection of courses from The School of Arts and Sciences, The School of Creative Arts, The School of Design and The School of Italian Language and Culture. At LdM, students can take classes in studio arts, liberal arts and humanities, and international business, among other disciplines. Founded in 1973, LdM offers the opportunity to study under experienced instructors in the unparalleled surroundings of Florence. Lorenzo de’ Medici is committed to helping students realize their potential, providing high quality education that will enable students to interact successfully with the community worldwide.
API students who want to study abroad in Florence may choose from over 400 courses at Lorenzo de’ Medici – The Italian International Institute – Florence (LdM). Courses are available in a wide variety of subjects across the arts, humanities, business, and international relations. In addition to the a free-elective course structure, several additional opportunities are available including internships, certificate programs, and professional development opportunities.
API students have the opportunity to earn valuable credits through real-world internships in Florence with LdM! Italy is known for its artisan and small business structure that offers amazing opportunities for first-hand experience and interaction with local business owners to learn about the strengths and structure of the Italian workplace. Students earn 3 credits for an internship, which is counted toward their total academic load for the semester, and appears on the academic transcript along with a pass/fail notation. Students are assessed based on a weekly internship journal, a minimum of two papers, and an evaluation by their academic advisor/tutor at LdM. Internship options are listed on the API/LdM course schedules on the website, and subjects may include:
- Communications – LdM Web TV
- Communications in Public Administration
- Culinary Arts/Cooking
- Fashion Design and Apparel Construction
- Fashion Marketing/Retail Management and Merchandising
- Food and Wine Retailing
- Graphic Design/LdM Business Center
- Graphic Design/Local Businesses
- International Business
- Jewelry Marketing, Retail Management and Merchandising
- Marketing/Event Planning
- Marketing/LdM Marketing Office
- Museum and Gallery
- Non-Profit Management
- Public Relations
- Service Learning (Italian)
- Web Marketing
- Setting Description:
- Florence, located in the renowned region of Tuscany, is situated on the banks of the Arno River, surrounded by the rolling hills of the Italian countryside. To study and live in Florence is to walk the streets of Dante, Brunelleschi, Giotto and many other contributors to the arts and humanities. Here students can soak up the culture and history of this great city while learning Italian and studying in buildings from centuries past. Established in the 9th century BC, Florence is perhaps best known as one of the birthplaces of the Italian Renaissance at the end of the 14th Century. It is a city that welcomes visitors, scholars, artists and students to walk her streets, relive past discoveries in the arts and sciences, and glimpse the rich history that permeates every inch of the city. Students in Florence experience the city with others from around the world who share a passion for learning.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.80 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to all levels of Italian speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $450,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program