- Tuscania, Italy
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Computer Science, Education, Hospitality
- Program Description:
API students who choose to study abroad at Lorenzo de’ Medici – The Italian International Institute – Tuscania may select from a variety of courses in the fields of Italian language and culture, humanities, sciences, and studio arts.
API students have the opportunity to earn valuable credits through service-learning and internship experiences with LdM in Tuscania! Students earn 3 credits for their project, which is counted toward their total academic load for the semester, and appear on the academic transcript along with a pass/fail notation. Students are assessed based on a weekly journal, a minimum of two papers, and an evaluation by their academic advisor/tutor at LdM. Options are listed on the API/LdM course schedules on the website, and will focus on placements in organizations engaged in socially meaningful tasks. These may include:
• Service-learning: Working with women, children, elderly, disabled, and/or immigrants; Language exchange with local high school; Environmental projects
• Internships: Marketing/Business; Communication in Public Administration
- Setting Description:
- Tuscania is a small, idyllic Italian town located ninety minutes north of Rome on the border of Lazio and Tuscany. Tuscania has been admired for centuries for its picturesque setting, fine culture and foods, medieval walls, and cobblestoned streets. Surrounded by medieval walls and guard towers, Tuscania provides endless opportunities for authentic cultural immersion. Some of the most beautiful churches in Italy are in Tuscania, including the stunning San Pietro and the magnificent Santa Maria Maggiore. Tuscania is an ideal combination between the present and past. It is not uncommon to find a medieval section of wall in the wine cellar of a modern restaurant or an Etruscan tomb used as the basement storage area of an apartment. The strong connection of the locals to their traditions, history and folklore greatly influences the unique nature of the town.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to all levels of Italian speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program