- Aix-En-Provence, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
CEA Aix-en-Provence programs are designed for those with high-intermediate French language proficiency or above. Courses are offered in English and French, and four semesters of French are required. Intermediate students are accepted on a case-by-case basis.
At our partner institution, Aix-Marseille University, you can attend French language and culture classes with other international students. At the Institute for American Studies, you’ll choose from a wide range of programs, offered in English and French.
- Hands-on learning experiences that transform the world abroad into a classroom
- Personalized Pre-Departure Advising (including visa and immigration support)
- Courses offered in English that fulfill major and general graduation requirements
- Comprehensive on-site support, including 24/7 emergency phone
- Career workshops, Internships Abroad, and Alumni Ambassador positions
Interested? Fill out the “Request Information” box to learn what’s waiting for you!
- Setting Description:
- Located just 19 miles north of Marseille, the country’s second-largest city and primary commercial port, Aix-en-Provence is a small, walkable city in the south of France with tree-lined boulevards, historical public squares, artisanal shops, cafés, churches, historic mansions, and over 20 fountains that reflect the city’s origin as Roman spa town. It is an ideal location for day trips to the Mediterranean coast, the French Alps, and Paris. Spend a summer, a semester, or an academic year in Aix-en-Provence and discover for yourself why the French refer to Aix as the most desirable French city to call home. Aix has all the amenities of a larger city yet retains its small-town charm. With stunning natural scenery, winding streets lined with cafes and boutiques, and enough festivals, pubs, concerts, and theaters to keep you busy, it’s easy to see what makes Aix the ideal setting for honing your French language skills. Complete the “Request Information” box, and we’ll be in touch soon!
- Program price varies. Check CEA's website for up-to-date information.
Based on 2 Reviews
- Wouldn't Change a Thing02/17/18
This past summer, I studied abroad in Aix-en-Provence, France for six weeks. I lived in a homestay with a divorced mother and her 20 year old daughter. They spoke just a few words of English. Shortly after landing in France, I was welcomed by Alexia and
her mom, Karen. They were so warm and welcoming and made me feel at home which is exactly what I needed since I was 4,000 miles away from home and everything I knew for the very first time. My first night in Aix was very overwhelming and kind of rough but I felt a million times better less than 24 hours later, meeting the CEA staff. Throughout the six weeks, I knew there was always someone to talk to in the CEA office, which was conveniently located just around the corner from school. I would completely recommend CEA to someone who is interested in studying abroad. In addition to the exceptional staff, they also offered several excursions that other programs did not have. We had an all day excursion at the medieval town of Les Baux de Provence and smaller activities in the city like wine tasting and soap making. We even had an amazing farewell dinner a few days before our program ended. Studying abroad with CEA was an amazing experience that I would recommend to everyone. I cannot imagine going abroad any other way!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- I loved studying abroad in Aix!11/08/15
Studying abroad in Aix was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. It was a program of almost 4 months that I did in the fall of 2014. Studying with CEA was a perfect choice because they pay so much attention to each student and help out so much.
Everything except for my flight and daily spending money was included so I didn't really have to worry about anything. The program director in France was always there for us and interacted with us so much and my homestay family was great. If I ever needed help from someone back in the states, I always had a contact. Ultimately, my experience was amazing and I would go again in a heartbeat!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend