- Aix-En-Provence, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
- Experience CEA's award-winning program in Aix-en-Provence, or “Aix”, an idyllic university town that not only allows you to explore the more traditional aspects of French culture, but also offers a lively, student-centered atmosphere. Cafes, pubs, theaters, outdoor concerts and festivals await you in this sunny and charming city. Choose from a variety of different academic programs in areas such as French Language & Culture, Intensive French Language, Studio Arts, and Liberal Arts. Each program is designed to localize your learning, getting you out of the classroom and providing quality international education opportunities for students who seeking to complement their academic curriculum by gaining international experience and the skills tomorrow's employers desire.
Choose the academic program that best suits your college degree and general elective needs. Choose from two different educational settings: Aix-Marseille University -- just a 3-minute walk from the main street, Cours Mirabeu -- and Institute for American Universities (IAU), one of Europe's oldest and largest education abroad programs. Both offer a French college campus experience and the opportunity to explore a foreign educational setting by taking regular courses with French students while truly immersing yourself in the French language and culture of Aix.
All CEA students receive personalized assistance from admissions counselors and site specialists who are available to answer all of your questions. We give you the tools you need to plan a study abroad experience you’ll cherish. Upon arrival, students are met at the airport and go through an orientation for their new home away from home. On-site staff is there to help you along the way. Program price includes: housing, excursions, cultural activities, transcripts, and more.
- Setting Description:
- Spend a summer, a semester, or an academic year in Aix-en-Provence and discover for yourself why the French refer to Aix as the most desirable French city to call home. It may be small, but Aix boasts all the amenities of a larger city, while still retaining all of its charm. With a student-centered atmosphere, stunning natural scenery, winding streets lined with cafes and boutiques, and enough festivals, pubs, concerts, and theaters to keep residents busy year-round, it's easy to see what makes Aix the ideal setting in which to hone your French language skills and immerse in local culture. At our partner institution, Aix-Marseille University, you'll attend classes -- taught in French -- with other international students. At IAU College, you'll join French and other international students to take liberal arts or studio arts courses to meet your academic, career, and personal interests. Take full advantage of your surroundings through hands-on cultural activities like volunteering and e
- Program price varies. Check CEA's website for up-to-date information.
Based on 1 Reviews
- I loved studying abroad in Aix!11/08/15
Studying abroad in Aix was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. It was a program of almost 4 months that I did in the fall of 2014. Studying with CEA was a perfect choice because they pay so much attention to each student and help out so much.
Everything except for my flight and daily spending money was included so I didn't really have to worry about anything. The program director in France was always there for us and interacted with us so much and my homestay family was great. If I ever needed help from someone back in the states, I always had a contact. Ultimately, my experience was amazing and I would go again in a heartbeat!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend