- La Paz, Bolivia; Lima, Peru; Quito, Ecuador
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Work Types:
- Children, Education, Environment, Social Services
- 1-3 months, 4-6 months
- Program Description:
Travel through Bolivia, Peru, and Ecuador for 3 months!
About a third of the trip is dedicated to service work. Service projects for 2020 include: Conservation work on a rainforest reserve in Ecuador, building a school in a village in Bolivia, and teaching English to schoolchildren in Peru.
Improve your Spanish language skills by living with families in cities and rural villages, and navigating your way through real life situations.
Learn first-hand about diverse eco-systems, including the Andes Mountains, the Amazon Rainforest, the Salt Plains of Bolivia, and the Galapagos Islands.
Challenge yourself with a 4-day trek to the spectacular Inca ruins at Machu Picchu.
Make lifelong memories and friends while traveling with a small group of like-minded peers.
AmeriCorps Education Awards and 529 Funds are welcome.
Dates for the next available program in South America are: September 14 to December 6, 2020.
Contact us today for more information on how to join!
- Setting Description:
- A few highlights of the South America program include: Living with local families in villages and cities, improving your spoken Spanish, exploring Machu Picchu, working on a rainforest conservation project in the Amazon Basin, trekking in the Andes Mountains, helping to build a school for a tribal community, going on a jeep safari in the salt plains for Bolivia, and learning about the diverse wildlife of the Galapagos Islands on a sailing safari.
- 11,950 USD. This program fee covers all program expenses during the semester, including: all meals and lodging, all overland travel, and all scheduled program activities. Cost of flights is additional to program fee.
Additional Program Information
- Ages 18 to 25 (some flexibility does apply)
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program