- Kathmandu, Nepal; New Delhi, India; Bangkok, Thailand
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Work Types:
- Children, Education, Social Services
- 1-3 months, 4-6 months
- Program Description:
Travel and volunteer in Nepal, India, and Thailand for 3 months!
Service projects for 2018 include: renovating a school in a Nepalese village and teaching English to children in a village in India. About a third of your time abroad will involve volunteer work.
By living with local families in both urban and rural settings, you will have a unique chance to discover new cultures as well as learn about yourself.
Make lifelong memories and friends by traveling with a small group of like-minded peers.
Visit great cities, including Delhi and Bangkok, and cultural landmarks including the Taj Mahal.
AmeriCorps Education Awards and 529 Education Funds are welcome!
Dates for the next available programs in Asia are: February15 to May 16, 2018. We are also accepting applications for the fall program: September 12 to December 11, 2018.
- Setting Description:
- A few highlights of the Asia program include: Living with local families, helping to build a community center in a remote Indian village, teaching English to Tibetan children, meditating with Buddhist monks, trekking in the Himalayas, a desert camel safari, and visiting the Taj Mahal.
- 9950 USD. This program fee covers all program expenses during the semester, including: all meals and lodging, all overland travel, and all scheduled program activities. Cost of flights is additional to program fee.
Additional Program Information
- Ages 18 to 25 (some flexibility does apply).
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program