- College level course credit can be received for this high school program - Price includes full room and board with a host family - Weekend excursions to Madrid and Toledo - Daily cultural activities; such as flamenco lessons, cooking lessons, museum vis
- Salamanca, Spain
- Program Type:
- Intensive Language
- Degree Level:
- 1-3 months
- Program Description:
- Come on this fantastic summer abroad trip for teens who are studying Spanish. This full-immersion experience includes home stays with a host family, Spanish language classes (with college credit!), cultural activities, and excursions to nearby Spanish hotspots, like Toledo and Madrid. The program is geared to increase your language skills exponentially. Go with a group of classmates or meet other teens once on site. Hurry and reserve your spot now!
This trip is featured annually by Wynton's World. The 2012 dates are July 6th to July 28th, 2012. 2013 dates TBA.
- College level course credit can be received for this high school program - Price includes full room and board with a host family - Weekend excursions to Madrid and Toledo - Daily cultural activities; such as flamenco lessons, cooking lessons, museum visits, tapas, movie nights, etc - Students are placed into Spanish classes depending on their language abilities (determined by a entry exam), so no student will find themselves in too easy/too hard of a class
- Setting Description:
- Students will stay in double or single rooms with host families within the city of Salamanca, Spain. Salamanca is large enough to be able to offer the advantages of a real city, but at the same time it keeps the intimacy and charm of a small town. You will find the people of Salamanca to be warm and hospitable. The area around Salamanca also offers many opportunities for day-trips to villages, mountains, and the many surrounding lakes. Madrid is only 2 hours away, and the border of Portugal is even closer! Without a doubt, Salamanca is an ideal location to learn Spanish and experience Spain.
- $2,295 (Price includes full room and board, Spanish courses and materials, activities and excursions, medical insurance, chaperone, and more. Airfare to/from Spain is not included in the price.)