Assist well-established Ecuadorian groups meet the needs of the present population through the use of sustainable development techniques that will also preserve the environment for future generations. Interns can help monitor, evaluate, and further improv
- Quito, Ecuador
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Rolling Starts, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Business, Education, Medical, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Get hands on experience through a custom internship by working in an orphanage, a clinic, or an eco-tourism foundation. There’s no better way to gain experience for your resume, improve your Spanish, and immerse yourself in this "megadiverse" country.
Most of our internship placements will be located in Quito with arrival dates on the second or fourth Saturday of each month the whole year round. Our start dates are on rolling basis with programs that can last from 4 up to 16 weeks.
Assist well-established Ecuadorian groups meet the needs of the present population through the use of sustainable development techniques that will also preserve the environment for future generations. Interns can help monitor, evaluate, and further improve already implemented sustainable development programs in addition to working on new projects. Current projects in Ecuador focus on fair trade, education, poverty, sustainable agriculture and pollution.
All internship programs in Ecuador include the following:
- Internship placement and supervision
- Airport pick-up
- On-site orientation
- Housing - Homestay (Breakfast and Dinner included)
- Intensive Spanish language instruction - 24 lessons
- Cultural immersion activities
- Medical and Accident Insurance
- 24/7 emergency support
- WI support services from start to finish
- Setting Description:
- The Andean city of Quito is located in a valley, between mountains, at the base of an active volcano, Pichincha. The busy city of Quito is nicely balanced out by the lush scenery that surrounds the town, so whether you are a city slicker or a country bumpkin, you are sure to find yourself at home! Keeping with Spanish influences, the city has its main city square, Plaza de Independencia. UNESCO established Quito as a World Heritage site and described it as having "the best-preserved, least-altered historic center in Latin America."
The urban city of Quito is comprised of 32 different parishes, with two main neighborhoods, Old Town and New Town. Old Town is the main historic center and has preserved much of it's colonial history. Here you will find old churches, monasteries, and theatres. Venture into New Town or La Mariscal, often called "Gringolandia" for it's popularity with Western tourists, and you will find upscale restaurants, bars, clubs, and cafes.
- Please check our website for program costs.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program