This internship program is designed for those who have studied or previously worked in the field of Psychology. Interns will assist in providing a wide range of services for adults with intellectual and/or psychiatric disability. Tasks may include providi
- Wellington, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Rolling Starts, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Business, Psychology
- Program Description:
- Unique and diverse internship placements are customized to meet your needs and correspond to your academic and professional background. Life in New Zealand is full of adventure and its location makes it easy to take a weekend trip to the South Island, Australia, or even Fiji!
This internship program is designed for those who have studied or previously worked in the field of Psychology. Interns will assist in providing a wide range of services for adults with intellectual and/or psychiatric disability. Tasks may include providing assistance for learning programs, activities, and support mechanisms that will encourage independence and a better quality of life. Placements may be in residential or day care centers, facilitating support groups, or working with various specialized services for those with mental health conditions and disabilities. The aim of these agencies is to ensure each individual has the opportunity to become a full and contributing member of the community. Recent graduates with a strong academic record can also get placed in New Zealand institutions to undertake research fellowships.
All internship programs in New Zealand include the following:
- Internship placement and supervision
- Airport pick-up
- On-site orientation
- Housing - shared apartments with other interns
- Medical and Accident insurance
- 24/7 emergency support
- WI support from start to finish
- Setting Description:
- New Zealand is diverse geographically, ecologically, and demographically. Within a few hours you can go from seeing glaciers to seeing the beach and you will see tons of animals native to the Kiwi country. New Zealand is also well known for its preservation and recognition of the indigenous culture, the Maori. New Zealanders are known for having a “Kiwi ingenuity,” meaning you can expect to find the locals friendly, independent, and adventure-seeking.
Wellington is known for being the multi-cultural and vibrant city in New Zealand with its festivals and restaurants, there is always something going on! You can even do Lord of the Rings site tours and see some of the picturesque locations in which it was filmed! Wellington has become so well known for its film industry that it is often referred to as “Wellywood.” Imagine yourself hanging out at a local café and gazing at the San Francisco like waterfront, hopping on a cable car to lookout over the harbor and the city from the
- Please check our website for program costs.