This internship program provides the opportunity for interns to work in Community Law offices that assist individuals who cannot afford to pay for legal services, or for those who have a legal need that cannot be met by other agencies or providers.These c
- Wellington, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Rolling Starts, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Law, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Unique and diverse internship placements are customized to meet your needs and correspond to your academic and professional background. Life in New Zealand is full of adventure and its location makes it easy to take a weekend trip to the South Island, Australia, or even Fiji!
This internship program provides the opportunity for interns to work in Community Law offices that assist individuals who cannot afford to pay for legal services, or for those who have a legal need that cannot be met by other agencies or providers.These centers provide legal advice and assistance, law-related education, legal information and in some cases, representation in court. The legal information provided includes comprehensive documentation outlining the answers to common questions -- like the New Zealand legal system, legal aid, criminal proceedings, police powers, court fines, domestic violence, harassment, consumer, tenancy, neighbor disputes, accident compensation, privacy and wills. Law studies interns will provide valuable research assistance and interface with clients, if they meet the prerequisite experience.
All internship programs in New Zealand include the following:
- Internship placement and supervision
- Airport pick-up
- On-site orientation
- Housing - shared apartments with other interns
- Medical and Accident insurance
- 24/7 emergency support
- WI support from start to finish
- Setting Description:
- New Zealand is diverse geographically, ecologically, and demographically. Within a few hours you can go from seeing glaciers to seeing the beach and you will see tons of animals native to the Kiwi country. New Zealand is also well known for its preservation and recognition of the indigenous culture, the Maori. New Zealanders are known for having a “Kiwi ingenuity,” meaning you can expect to find the locals friendly, independent, and adventure-seeking.
Wellington is known for being the multi-cultural and vibrant city in New Zealand with its festivals and restaurants, there is always something going on! You can even do Lord of the Rings site tours and see some of the picturesque locations in which it was filmed! Wellington has become so well known for its film industry that it is often referred to as “Wellywood.” Imagine yourself hanging out at a local café and gazing at the San Francisco like waterfront, hopping on a cable car to lookout over the harbor and the city from the
- Please check our website for program costs.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program