- Suva, Fiji
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Children, Construction, Education, Health
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 7-11 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
World Endeavors offers exciting programs that allow participants to experience Fiji while contributing to the community in a meaningful way. Volunteers can choose from a variety of immersive, unique and rewarding community engagement projects, like Island Project Construction, Health Check-up Camps, and Youth Sports Coaching!
Fiji is an archipelago of 333 sun-kissed, picture perfect islands tucked away in the South Pacific, close to Australia and New Zealand. It’s famed for its rugged landscape of blue lagoons and palm-lined beaches, and eco-activities from mountain climbing and surfing to soft-coral diving and zip-lining. Its major islands, Viti Levu and Vanua Levu, contain the lion’s share of the population, meaning much of the country is uncrowded.
Volunteer projects are available in Suva, the capital city of Fiji, and Sigatoka, known as Fiji's adventure capital.
- Immerse yourself in a new culture, while sharing your time and talents in a program that combines volunteering and community engagement.
- Make new friends with people from all over the world and broaden your international network.
- Choose from a range of projects close to your heart, in fields like community development, healthcare, teaching and youth sports coaching.
- Quench your thirst for adventure and try something new, like surfing, shark feeding, scuba diving, snorkeling, windsurfing or white water rafting through the lush rainforests!
- Setting Description:
- Projects are available in Suva and Sigatoka. Suva is located on the southeast coast of the island Vitti Levu. It is the capital of the country and the largest most cosmopolitan city of Fiji. The city has a warm rainy tropical weather throughout the year, which keeps the flora fresh, and the temperature in beach-perfect scenery. Known as Fiji’s adventure capital, Sigatoka is the perfect location, sitting along a beautiful stretch of coastline, on the Southeast coast of Viti Levu. The area lives up to its reputation as a spot for adrenaline junkies, offering a wide variety of activities to get your heart racing, from surfing and shark feeding to four-wheel-drive tours. Sigatoka also offers lush rainforests, rivers and waterfalls at your back door and a beach looking across to Beqa Island, which is world famous for fire walking.
- Please visit the World Endeavors website to learn more about program fees.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program