- Vienna, Austria
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Psychology can be seen as an umbrella discipline overarching all other disciplines. Psychology is about the human mind and the behavior that it generates, and humans behave across various subjects.
Study psychology at Webster Vienna Private University and get your hands on physiological recording devices. Learn how to get access to the non-conscious mind, while being led through all basic psychology sub disciplines. The CanBeLab (Cognitive & Affective Neuroscience and Behavior) is waiting for you to record brain activities, muscle activity, skin conductance, to code and analyze facial expressions, for scientific research.
As a psychology student at Webster, you will have the opportunity to study specific issues, theories and science of the discipline and also attain an understanding of the complexity and diversity of human behavior. All the while, we will give you access to our cutting-edge laboratory with the latest technologies.
Our psychology students use approaches that range from the scientific to the philosophical, from the experimental to the theoretical. Through these methods our students develop and apply problem-solving skills that will help you think analytically and to communicate clearly and persuasively throughout their lives and careers.
Our friendly and experienced faculty specialize in a variety of areas that will allow you to approach psychology from different perspectives, including biological and evolutionary, clinical and counseling, lifespan development, learning and cognitive, social and cross-cultural perspectives, even Neuroscience plays an important role.
Our students also learn advanced research methods, such as the advanced analysis of statistical techniques, research methodology and psychological testing. The faculty is there to help our students:
- Develop analytical skills;
- Integrate theoretical knowledge with practical experience; and
- Build competencies for specific career objectives or specific areas of interest.
A minimum of 128 credit hours consisting of the following:
46 Required Psychology credit hours (9 out of 24 hours must be at the 4000 level, while the rest can be at the 3000 level)
3 Arts and Sciences language requirement credit hours
27 General Education credit hours
52 Elective credit hours
- Setting Description:
- The Vienna campus was established in 1981 and is the only dually accredited university in Austria, with both, the US accreditation as well as with Austrian private university accreditation by the local Ministry of Education.The student population of the Vienna campus is around 500 students from all over the world. Graduate classes have around 20 students, allowing students, faculty and staff to develop close working relationships. The neoclassical campus building is conveniently located in Vienna’s 2nd district, just a few steps away from the historic city center. Palais Wenkheim features a student resource center, library and study space as well.
- 19,840 EUR. Textbooks are included in the tuition.
Additional Program Information
- Higher Learning Commission: North Central Association The accreditation, which was first awarded in 1925, includes undergraduate and graduate degree programs at all locations worldwide where the Webster University offers its programs. AQ Austria:Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria Since 2001, Webster Vienna Private University, has been accredited by The Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ Austria) as an Austrian Private University. To receive Austrian accreditation, the majority of courses need to be taken at Webster Vienna Private University (i.e. Webster's campus in Vienna) especially during the last year. The student will receive the "Diploma Supplement" as part of the Austrian degree which specifies the ECTS credits commonly used in Europe (Bologna Process). ACBSP:Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs Webster's Business and Management programs are accredited by ACBSP
- Financial Aid:
- FinancialAid Info:
- Financing your education: There are several options available for financing your studies at Webster Vienna, a private, non-profit university. These include scholarships, sponsorships, U.S. Federal Aid, and others.
- Scholarships Description:
- Scholarships are awarded based on academic merit and financial need. Only applicants who were accepted by the Admissions team for a degree program and have submitted a complete Webster Vienna Scholarship Application will be considered for a scholarship.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program