- Minneapolis, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Nurse Education
- Program Description:
Among all the leadership roles in healthcare, a nurse manager has the most direct impact on the care and service that patients and families receive throughout their healthcare experience. In Walden’s Nurse Executive specialization, you can leverage your knowledge and experience to gain the advanced competencies needed to move into a leadership position.
Prepare to help ensure the delivery of safe, effective healthcare through coursework designed to hone skills in coaching, motivating, and leading a professional team while developing administrative expertise and decision-making skills in the areas of quality assurance and effective oversight of organizational resources. Fieldwork experience also provides an opportunity to apply your learning in a real-world environment.
The American Organization of Nurse Executives believes that nurse managers at all levels must be competent in the following five attributes:
- Communication and relationship-building, including influencing behaviors and supporting diversity.
- Superior knowledge of the complex and ever-changing healthcare environment, including clinical practice, delivery models, healthcare economics, policy, governance, evidence-based practice, safety, risk management, and quality improvement.
- Leadership, including foundational and systems thinking, succession planning, and change management
- Professionalism, including professional and personal accountability, career planning, ethics, and advocacy
- Business skills, including marketing and financial, human resource, strategic, and information management.
Additional Program Information
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program