The College has excellent studios, workshops,exhibition and theatre spaces, and social facilities, which have recently been further enhanced by purpose-built postgraduate studios, and a newly refurbished 150 seat theatre incorporating film and sound studi
- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- Wimbledon joined University of the Arts London in 2006,but was founded back in 1890 and is a small specialist art college with an outstanding
reputation in fine art and theatre. It has a close-knitand friendly community,international in outlook, farenough away from the centre of London to have real space to think and work in, but still
just a 15 minute rail journey from the city’s rich cultural
Students who are looking for a more independent study abroad experience can apply for an integrated semester program, joining our honours degree students for one, two or three terms on one of the following BA courses:
– Fine Art: Painting
– Fine Art: Print and Time Based Media
– Fine Art: Sculpture
– Theatre & Screen: Costume Design
– Theatre & Screen: Costume Interpretation
– Theatre & Screen: Theatre Design
– Theatre & Screen: Set Design for Screen
– Theatre & Screen: Technical Arts and Special Effects
For students wishing to study for a 14 or 15 week semester we are offering an extra module to allow you to study for longer, and for additional credit. The European Art History plus module can be added to either the Semester or integrated semester Study Abroad options for an additional fee.
All our programs are fully validated by the University of the Arts London. Students who have participated in our Study Abroad programs during the past 20 years have benefitted in many ways, not least the opportunity to underpin their course curriculum from their home institution, but also the ability to explore imaginative visual thinking and capitalise on London as a learning resource in a welcoming and supportive environment. Our experience demonstrates that students also return to their home Institutions with a broadened perspective after immense personal growth and development.
The College has excellent studios, workshops,exhibition and theatre spaces, and social facilities, which have recently been further enhanced by purpose-built postgraduate studios, and a newly refurbished 150 seat theatre incorporating film and sound studios.
Minimum Credit value 12 – Maximum Credit value 19
- Setting Description:
- o Wimbledon College of Art is a small, specialist art college with an outstanding reputation in fine art and theatre. Students join a close-knit and friendly community, far enough away from the centre of London to have space to think and work in the leafy surroundings, but just a 15 minute rail journey to the city’s rich cultural centre. o Student population: 1,124 o Integrated programmes are available in Fine Art (Painting, Sculpture and Print and Time Based Media pathways) and Theatre & Screen (Costume Design and Interpretation, Theatre Design, Set Design for Screen and Technical Arts and Special Effects pathways).
- From $730 depending on choice of program length, accommodation and addiotanal study opportunities
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program