- Heredia, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Intensive Language
- Degree Level:
- High School
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months
- Program Description:
Study and learn Spanish the real way; through complete immersion.
The intensive Spanish immersion program at Tico Lingo aims to give students linguistic fluency through cultural immersion and interactive cultural education. Completly curated by expert Costa Rican Spanish professors, the program utilizes a small group atmosphere of no more than five students per class and emphasizes speaking and verbal comphrension. Classes are 4 hours per day, 5 days a week (20 Hours per week)
In addition to Spanish classes, the program places students with local Costa Rican families where students live, enjoy two meals a day, and continue to further practice their Spanish skills locally. Families live within walking distance and often join in on weekly conversational classes held at the school where Spanish learners pair up with English learners to practice their respective new languages!
Many students have seen drastic increases in Spanish language fluency after 3 to 4 weeks. Program duration is flexible, ranging from 1-12 weeks.
Program includes the following:
* 4 hours/day of intensive Spanish instuction
* Homestay program
* Small groups (max. 6, avg. 3)
* City-wide tour of Heredia
* Free material
* Conversational classes with English students
* Free pick-up / drop-off at airport
* Diploma for course completion
* Map of the city and surrounding area
* 24/7 emergency support
* Free use of wi-fi and kitchen
- Setting Description:
- Tico Lingo is located in the heart of Costa Rica in the historic city of Heredia. Two hours from the Pacific and three hours from the Caribbean, the school is fully equipped with a library, yoga and dance studio, five classrooms, a kitchen, and organic vegetable garden. Coffee is free all day and students are encouraged to hang out in the hammocks, study in the library, and spend time at the many tables on the patio relaxing and doing homework with other students.
- 395/week USD. Program duration is flexible, ranging from 1-12 weeks. Many students have seen drastic increases in Spanish language fluency after 3 to 4 weeks.
Additional Program Information
Based on 2 Reviews
- A great place to Learn Spanish in Costa Rica11/25/16
I work seasonal jobs in the U.S. and had some time off between jobs. I found Tico Lingo online, sent an email, and heard back immediately from the Program Director, Chris. Everyone was very clear and friendly and the price was great! I landed on a Sunday
and was picked up at the airport by someone from the school. They introduced me to my homestay family and I was immediately immersed in Costa Rica! I used the basic Spanish that I had to speak with my Tica Mamá and started class the next day. I met my professor, Freddy, and was so thrilled to be in a classroom again! Qué chiva (so cool!, as they say in Costa Rica). Overall, I absolutely loved the experience. I learned so much Spanish in Costa Rica with Tico Lingo I really can't recommend the program enough. It was a Spanish school in Costa Rica like no other! I had taken some other courses when I was in highschool at another school, but Tico Lingo really had a great vibe, school design, and classroom atmosphere.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- I Learned So Much Spanish08/29/16
I did a three week program at Tico Lingo that included 4 hours / day of group Spanish instruction as well as Homestay accommodation and Latin dance classes. I walked away with an ability to speak fluently and casually with locals that really improved
my traveling experience throughout Central America! The classes were well structured, the material was well designed and not solely relied upon, the atmosphere at the school was so relaxed (awesome hammocks!) and my homestay family was so adorable. I would absolutely recommend this school. Great vibes, great experience.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend