15 academic credits with transcripts from the University at Albany (SUNY) including 6 credits for the Internship. The other 9 credits are from a selection of courses: International Business - an emerging market perspective (required) Social Entrepreneurs
- Chennai, India
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
- The program, "Becoming India Savvy" at The National Management School, is a Semester-in-India, 15-week, 15-credit program offered in partnership with University at Albany (SUNY) and Capgemini, world's 4th largest software company. One of the highlights of this unique, study-abroad program is the 300-hour, 8-week paid internship with Capgemini in its Mumbai (formerly Bombay) office.
Students earn 6 credits for the internship, a stipend of about $4500 from Capgemini and hands-on experience working on live projects under the direct mentorship of senior Capgemini executives. Students may get a job offer in the US with Capgemini upon successful completion of the Internship and graduation to join their US Offices.
The remaining seven (7) weeks in India involve taking three courses (9 credits) at The National Management School in Chennai.
The last week of the program will take students to Delhi for an understanding of the India's political capital and from there to Agra for a day-tour to visit the Taj Mahal.
15 academic credits with transcripts from the University at Albany (SUNY) including 6 credits for the Internship. The other 9 credits are from a selection of courses: International Business - an emerging market perspective (required) Social Entrepreneurship, International Marketing, Management of Human Resources, Competing in Global Industries, Systems Analysis and Design, Database Management Systems: Applications for Business. In addition to the business component of the program, students will be able to enroll in Indian culture courses such as:Traditional Methods of Wellness, Hindi Language Studies (Beginning & Intermediate levels), and Appreciation of Indian Classical Music & Dance.
1. Six academic credits for this 8 week internship with one of the top 5 software companies in the world working in India and getting to understand the global software development model. Make friends in the India business world and get to know senior executives in the company.
2. Paid internship. $4500 will be paid to you directly
3. Job offer upon successful completion of the internship. Job in the US with the company pays upward of $54,000 annually as a Staff Consultant.
4. Experience India, the third largest economy in the world. Live, work, study, and enjoy India for 15 weeks across Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, and Agra.
5. Get to see India. Become India Savvy by learning to explore other cities - Pondicherry, Mysore, Goa, and Jaipur - on your own.
6. Three courses for 9 credits offered by professors from various US Universities
7. Transcripts from University at Albany (SUNY)
- Setting Description:
- The National Management School (NMS) is located in India's fourth largest city of Chennai, in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu, which has a great tradition of heritage and culture that developed over 2,000 years ago and still continues to flourish. NMS is rated among the top 20 business schools in India with faculty from India and the U.S., many of whom have worked in corporate America as well as in India. NMS offers summer and semester study abroad programs for undergraduate students majoring in business. India is considered to be one of the world's top emerging markets whose rate of economic growth and development is dramatically increasing. The NMS experience will provide students with a truly global outlook by offering a unique opportunity to participate in an international internship.
- $14,936 Includes Academic fees, health insurance from University at Albany, housing (in double occupancy rooms in an air-conditioned, furnished facility), two meals a day Monday-Friday, breakfast on all days, internet access, educational excursions (to Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, and Agra by air or bus), internship placement and advising, company/factory visits and dinners in various cities, cultural orientation, airport transfers within India, weekday transport from housing to school and internsh
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program