- Shanghai, China
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Education, Engineering, Fashion, Hospitality, Sciences & Environment
- Program Description:
Why should you intern through SSi?
Be part of the change with our international community of future GREEN leaders. SSi internships are designed to provide international work experience in Shanghai with positive impact! Whether sustainability is your passion or you're interested in what its all about, SSi internships are for you! With placement fields ranging from Engineering and Architecture through to Fashion, Marketing and Business development, we have you covered.
Our customised internships range from 2-6 months and applications are taken on a rolling basis. This experience is guaranteed to get you out of your comfort zone and get connected with industry professionals and companies that contribute to present and future generations. Our team assist you from start to finish, including complimentary Mandarin language classes, orientation, insurance, airport pickup, visa assistance, housing packages, free cultural excursions and discounted weekend getaways! We look forward to assisting you. Send an Inquiry to arrange a casual call to start your adventure.
- Setting Description:
- A metropolis home to more than 24 million people has seen massive development over the last two decades. For example, the new financial district of Pudong is now home to some of the tallest skyscrapers in the world. Boasting the fastest-growing rapid transit systems in the world, Shanghai’s urban centers are conveniently connected by elevated light rails, the world’s first commercial high-speed Maglev train, and 13 subway lines. In terms of sustainability, Shanghai can showcase China’s environmental, social and economical successes as well as areas that require assistance for strategic and innovative sustainable approaches. SSi provides its clients the opportunity to be apart of this change through its dynamic and multi-disciplinary programs. Experience Shanghai at its best!
- 1900 USD. Pre-departure advising and on-site airport meet and greet 24/7 safety and emergency support from our team as well as full-time program leadership guidance Field trips and cultural activities Metro transportation card loaded with funds to get you started Shanghai mobile Sim Card Comprehensive travel insurance and other travel benefits Visa Assistance and documentation Official Mandarin language classes Networking events and professional seminars Sustainability industry visits in Shanghai
Additional Program Information
- SSi internships applications are on a rolling basis and open all year round. Applicants must be over 18 years of age and be either enrolled or hold a bachelor degree. Some supporting documentation may be required during the application process.
Based on 4 Reviews
- Worth it!04/02/18
I recently made the trip over to Shanghai to participate in an internship with SSi all the way from Melbourne, Australia. It was such an awesome experience. I got so much hands on experience and grew my understanding of sustainability issues affecting
Shanghai and China more widely. The internship allowed me to apply and develop my skill set and taught me so much about Chinese business, culture and practice. I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in learning about or working in this space.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- No Regrets04/02/18
My SSi internship experience in Shanghai was a decision I do not regret! The company I interned with taught me so much about sustainability in China as well as the business side of things. The SSi team were so helpful and friendly, especially Craig, he
was a great mentor. On top of this, there were some fun filled weekend trips to other cities and sites! I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. If you want to create change, join SSi!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Eye Opening Experience04/02/18
I am really glad that I chose SSi to do my internship in Shanghai. It was a valuable experience with a company who had sustainability at the core of their values, which I am really passionate about. One of the greatest parts about this program was meeting
so many great people and being able to explore different places on the weekends. The SSi team are professional and very approachable.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Great Experience!03/29/18
Very good experience, met many international friends. It was a great experience in China ! My marketing internship really opened my eyes to green industries. I knew very little about "sustainability" at the time. Shanghai is also an awesome city with
so much to do and experience!read moreBottom Line:No, I would not recommend this to a friend