- Granada, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- This Stetson University College of Law summer abroad program is designed to prepare lawyers for the challenges of the global marketplace as the globalization of law practice and business is among the most significant developments shaping the legal profession of the 21st century.
All students will be enrolled in four separate one-credit hour courses focusing on Comparative and International Law issues. Classes will generally meet during the mornings, Monday through Thursday, leaving afternoons and three-day weekends free for social events and travel. The class will meet on one Friday to visit legal institutions, such as Spanish courts and other legal institutions.
The Institute for Comparative and International Law is a comprehensive study of Comparative and International Law issues. All course instructions will be in English. The course includes the following modules:
- Comparative Environmental Law: The US and the EU
- Comparative Climate Change Law: The US and Europe
- Comparative Privacy Law
- Comparative Legal Professions
This program is open to law students, lawyers and business professionals interested in studying international comparative law in Spain.
- Setting Description:
- With its rich Arab past and monuments such as the Alhambra, Granada is a fascinating city in which to study. It provides students ample opportunities for road trips to other cities in Spain and Portugal, Southern Europe, and North Africa. Stetson University has worked with the University of Granada since 1997, and the relationship between the two schools makes this program possible.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program