- Sevilla, Spain
- Program Type:
- Intensive Language
- Degree Level:
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks
- Program Description:
Didactic training course for ELE Teachers - CAPDELE - Erasmus +
At Spanish Institute, education is our passion – and we take special care of our courses for teachers, as we love to share and spread knowledge in the global classroom of Seville. With that in mind, we proudly present a course that Spanish Institute for Global Education has offered for teachers of Spanish as a Foreign Language for more than 20 years! Come to Spain and enrich your teaching and your life while sharing the experience with teachers from all over the world.
This course aims to offer an experience of inspiration, renewal, and reflection for ELE teachers who seek to deepen their learning of Spanish as a Foreign Language. It’s about addressing pedagogical proposals based on new neuroscience studies, and on methodological views that facilitate effective language acquisition. In this way, teachers will be able to bring brain-friendly lessons to the classroom, promoting profound and effective learning.
The course enhances the idea of active learning, consistent with the methodological principles that it tries to boost. Together with theoretical approaches, teacher-participants will live the pedagogical experience of “learning by doing.” They will use the cooperative method, create a final task, develop assessment instruments, and handle many materials to use in their classes. Additionally, they will address complex grammatical questions, become familiar with both the vocabulary and way of life of Spain, and practice techniques to get their students speaking Spanish fluently.
Our course content responds to a natural approach to learning a second language, to include:
- Learning with the ears, the strength of oral input.
- Making language visible.
- Fluency as a linguistic goal from the beginning.
- Cooperative learning, promoting participation by creating a brain-friendly environment.
- Questions that promote critical thinking.
- Implicit grammar, consistent support for language structure.
- Task-based learning, a space for growth that is supported by the “real” use of language.
- Evaluation of competences, abilities and skills, beyond examination.
Following these principles, we provide our ELE teachers with a multitude of resources and tools they can take directly to their classes. The course methodology is practical, based on a scientific and updated approach to language acquisition.
- Setting Description:
- WHY SEVILLE? There are many reasons to Study and Live in Seville Past. Modern Seville has managed to keep traces of all the most important cultures in its history. For example, walking through the city you can see Roman ruins, a Morish palace, the old Jewish quarters and the largest Gothic cathedral in the world. Products like chocolate, potatoes, tomatoes or peppers came into Europe through the doors of Seville. Present. Southern Spain’s capital is both European and cosmopolitan. It is an open-minded, tolerant society. It is always at the forefront from the cultural point of view. It sets trends and is a city full of contrasts, a place where tradition and innovation walk hand in hand. Learning. At Spanish Institute for Global Education, we take pride in our practice of a global, intercultural, responsible and innovative education. We work with universities of excellence, prestigious high schools and outstanding organizations.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program