- Dakar, Senegal; Rabat, Morocco
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Explore how Senegalese society has cultivated peaceful coexistence in religiously plural settings.
In a time when terrorism is often defined by religious extremism and a “clash of civilizations,” Senegal provides a model of religious coexistence in which radicalization is unusual and Sufi Islam has an unusually close relationship to the government.
Learn how urban issues in Dakar intersect with religious identity, gender, and youth cultures.
You’ll critically examine the practices that promote social cohesion in rural and urban Senegal and explore how Senegalese youth perceive questions of security, politics and peace.
- Setting Description:
- The program includes extended field visits to Saint-Louis, southeastern Senegal, and the Petite Côte as well as visits to Gorée Island, the Grand Mosque of Touba, Keur Moussa Benedictine Monastery, Bandia Game Park, and Joal-Fadiouth Island.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see our website for more information.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program