- San Jose, United States; Delhi, India; Kampala, Uganda; Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Explore what “entrepreneurship” means around the world, drawing on the disciplines of management, economics, technology, and design.
Key Questions: How can technology and digital tools be used in furthering social innovation and entrepreneurship? What does design thinking entail and how might it be used in furthering social innovation? What are best practices and criticism relating to social entrepreneurship? What innovative approaches and strategies have evolved to address critical issues relating to the environment and to further positive social change?
- Setting Description:
- n this program, you examine how various forms of entrepreneurship are being employed to address some of the most pressing challenges of today. The program offers a comparative study in four contrasting locations around the world, incorporating case studies and onsite meetings with social entrepreneurs, activists, and local individuals seeking change. Learn to listen, observe, and engage in collaborative analysis and work with social entrepreneurs in the field to translate your research into practical applications. Field studies will include meetings with small businesses and multinational corporations, NGOs, multi-lateral organizations, international banks, philanthropists, and local microfinance providers.
- Please visit website
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see our website for more information.
Based on 2 Reviews
- Game Changer08/06/17
I can tell you in general, I LOVED my SIT experience. Truly the experience shaped my world view and challenged me more than I could have imagined. It is a really hard program to describe because it is so many different thing. We met over 100 organization
leaders/ beneficiaries, I had 3 incredibly host families and I just thought the people in general made the program. We went to fruit markets with our host families in Brazil, got invited to random bangras parties in India, and spent 4 days in what I think of as paradise in Uganda. The program director is phenomenal and the staff works to both push you to grow as an individual and to meet your individual needs.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- IHP SEN- an incredible journey07/28/17
My experience on the IHP Social Entrepreneurship program was absolutely incredible. The staff of this program is so caring and committed, and every single day was an adventure. My program started in San Francisco, then went to Brazil, India, and Uganda.
I learned a huge amount, both from the academic courses and from the experiences living and studying in 3 such different places. If you are interested in economic justice, big ideas about world systems or on-the-ground grassroots solutions to problems that people are facing, this program will expand your thoughts in a huge way. Plus, it's incredibly fun- we were kept busy, but there is still time to explore all of the amazing, beautiful places you get to go. I cannot recommend this program enough, if you're considering it, go!! Most fun and educational semester of my entire college career.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend