- South Orange, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Public Relations
- Program Description:
Earn your M.A. in Public Relations
Become a change-maker and take your career to new heights.
Graduate Studies within the College of Communication and the Arts is an exciting community of scholars, theorists, researchers and professionals. One common feature among all of our programs is a commitment to excellence. Faculty are comprised of internationally recognized researchers and industry professionals. A cutting-edge curriculum incorporates the latest technology and trends, keeping you a cut above the rest.
The Accelerated Public Relations Degree
Our 30-credit program provides students with the tools necessary to become practitioners, change-makers and leaders. This program blends theory with practice, providing graduates with tangible skills essential for career growth, including integral research, planning, implementation and evaluation tactics in the context of ongoing change, issue and reputation management for organizations of all sizes.
Our Unique Emphasis
Tying Theory to Practice
Join the student-run PR firm, The Litore Agency, and gain invaluable hands-on experience by contributing to real client campaigns.
• Enhance project management skills
• Create multi-layered media campaigns
• Implement, track, report and assess communication efforts
Connection to Industry Leaders
Capitalize on our proximity to New York City and some of the country’s top public relations agencies and organizations.
• Build your professional network
• Engage with prominent Seton Hall alumni
• Learn from guest speakers and mentors who supplement our full-time faculty
Network and Connect
Making the right professional connections is a crucial component to furthering your career.
• Land the perfect internship via Seton Hall’s Career Center
• Work with some of the country’s most prestigious firms and agencies in NYC
• Earn priceless, first-hand experience in a fast-moving industry
Dedicated faculty mentor your culminating master’s project from creation to completion.
• Benefit from 1:1 time with your master’s project adviser
• Study alongside nationally recognized professionals and researchers
• Graduate with a portfolio suitable for conferences and interviews
Flexibility for the Working Professional
Many students in the program are already working. Recognizing the need for flexibility, we offer convenient evening class times that meet just once per week. In addition to evening classes, select courses are offered online for your convenience.
Education for You, Value for Your Employer
Immersive learning experiences combining theory with practical skills allow you to put your knowledge to use in the workplace both immediately and over time. Employers may be assured that an investment in an employee’s education will pay off when it comes to workplace excellence, as well as:
• Critical and strategic planning abilities, both collaboratively and interculturally
• Technology and data fluency
• Systems leadership and strategic agility
• Networking opportunities with industry experts and colleagues
The M.A. in Public Relations program focuses on the theories and skills required in reputation management and effective public relations, providing graduates with tangible skills essential for career growth.
Additional Program Information
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Financial Aid:
- Eligible students must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- International Requirements:
- Prospective students that attended any postsecondary institutions outside of the United States or Canada (excluding study abroad or internship experiences) are required to have their transcript(s) evaluated by one of the following agencies: • World Education Services • Educational Credential Evaluators • Global Credential Evaluators, Inc. • Evaluation Service, Inc. • Center for Applied Research, Evaluation and Education, Inc. If English is not your first language, please arrange to have your official TOEFL or IELTS scores sent directly to Seton Hall University. The institution code for Seton Hall University is 2811.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program