- South Orange, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Communications & Public Relations
- Program Description:
The M.A. in Communication is 36-credit, on-campus program in which students develop critical communication skills associated with human interaction and research practices in ways that are grounded in theory and can be immediately applied in practice. Students utilize state-of-the-art technology and sharpen their communication competencies and knowledge base in a dynamic and highly interactive environment reflecting real-world scenarios.
The M.A. in Communication offers two tracks of study: Digital Communication and Communication Technologies, or Communication in Organizations.
The Digital Communication and Communication Technologies track focuses on communication in corporations, organizations and human relations. In this track, students investigate relationships in digital communication, society and culture in current, real-world cases, including the examination of tech-device usage cases and applications for practice in personal and professional contexts.
Courses in the Digital Communication and Communication Technologies track include:
• Theory and Practice of Digital Communication
• The Internet and Communication
• New Media, Organizations, and Institutions
• Seminar in Communication Technologies Ethics
In addition to core courses of study and relevant electives, a unique portfolio course assists students in transitioning from graduate studies to an employment opportunity or toward further study.
Additional Program Information
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Financial Aid:
- International Requirements:
- Prospective students that attended any postsecondary institutions outside of the United States or Canada (excluding study abroad or internship experiences) are required to have their transcript(s) evaluated by one of the following agencies: • World Education Services • Educational Credential Evaluators • Global Credential Evaluators, Inc. • Evaluation Service, Inc. • Center for Applied Research, Evaluation and Education, Inc. If English is not your first language, please arrange to have your official TOEFL or IELTS scores sent directly to Seton Hall University. The institution code for Seton Hall University is 2811.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program