- South Orange, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Communication Studies
- Program Description:
The M.A. in Communication is 36-credit, on-campus program in which students develop critical communication skills associated with human interaction and research practices in ways that are grounded in theory and can be immediately applied in practice. Students utilize state-of-the-art technology and sharpen their communication competencies and knowledge base in a dynamic and highly interactive environment reflecting real-world scenarios.
The M.A. in Communication offers two tracks of study: Digital Communication and Communication Technologies, or Communication in Organizations.
The Communication in Organizations track focuses on enhancing workplace communication capabilities. Students are prepared with the professional communication skills necessary for advancing careers or pursuing further advanced degrees. In this track, students learn the best and most efficient methods of decision making and problem-solving within employee relations, management communication and digital interaction through media studies.
Courses in the Communication in Organizations track include:
• Introduction to Organizational Communication
• Organizational Culture
• Training & Development
• Employee Relations
In addition to core courses of study and relevant electives, a unique portfolio course assists students in transitioning from graduate studies to an employment opportunity or toward further study.
Additional Program Information
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Financial Aid:
- International Requirements:
- Prospective students that attended any postsecondary institutions outside of the United States or Canada (excluding study abroad or internship experiences) are required to have their transcript(s) evaluated by one of the following agencies: •World Education Services •Educational Credential Evaluators • Global Credential Evaluators, Inc. • Evaluation Service, Inc. • Center for Applied Research, Evaluation and Education, Inc. If English is not your first language, please arrange to have your official TOEFL or IELTS scores sent directly to Seton Hall University. The institution code for Seton Hall University is 2811.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program