BECOME A GLOBAL STUDENT WITH SYA -Ready to reach beyond the classroom, the country, and even the normal limits of life? Spend your junior or senior year of high school in Italy, Spain, France or China with SYA.
- Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
School Year Abroad (SYA) is the only high school study abroad program which allows students to live with a European or Asian family for an entire academic year while earning U.S. high school graduation credits and preparing for selective U.S. colleges and universities. Each year each of our programs in Italy, Spain, France and China enrolls students to complete their junior or senior year of high school. Students come from public and private high schools across the US.
At SYA, you'll Immerse yourself in a language while living with a local host family. Participate in the art, politics, sports, and adventures of a country. Create friendships that will last a lifetime. SYA alumni bring an increased understanding of the world to the top colleges they attend - and the lives they go on to lead.
IMMERSE YOURSELF IN A NEW CULTURE
Our schools are specifically designed for you, the American high school student, and organized to ensure that you have the most rewarding experience possible. We recruit and retain faculty from around the world who are dedicated to providing a high quality American-style education in an international setting. Our hybrid study abroad model combines the challenge of classes taught in the target language and total cultural immersion outside of school, with the support of studying alongside American peers. Plus, you'll keep up with English and math, taught by faculty from top independent schools.
SYA is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), which allows students to return to their home schools or proceed to college without losing academic ground.
For more information, visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- A year living abroad with SYA is not just another school year; it’s a complete cultural and linguistic experience that will enable high school students to broaden their world perspective, form lifelong friendships, become a member of a new family and travel off the beaten path, all while earning high school credit. All SYA host cities offer a dynamic cultural life, safety, access to excellent health care and good public transportation, presence of a university and few if any other American or foreign study abroad programs. An array of local team sports and other extracurricular activities are available.
- Please see our website for the most current tuition information.
Additional Program Information
- High school students may apply to spend their junior or senior year abroad with SYA. Students must be in good academic and disciplinary standing. Language requirements for the schools are: SYA France or SYA Spain: students must be currently enrolled in at least level II of French or Spanish. SYA China or SYA Italy: students may be of all levels, including those who would like to begin the study of Mandarin or Italian with us.
- Scholarships Description:
- SYA has merit and need-based scholarships and financial aid.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program