- Summer students choose 1-2 courses. Semester students choose 4-6 courses of which one is required to be Italian course (all levels available.) All courses are 3 credits (45 contact hours) unless otherwise noted. - Courses noted with (ASC) are taught by
- Sorrento, Italy
- Program Type:
- Intensive Language
- Degree Level:
- 1-2 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
- Sant'Anna Institute-Sorrento Lingue is an international Institute specializing in organizing study abroad programs with American Universities (summer and semesters), accredited by SUNY.
- Summer students choose 1-2 courses. Semester students choose 4-6 courses of which one is required to be Italian course (all levels available.) All courses are 3 credits (45 contact hours) unless otherwise noted. - Courses noted with (ASC) are taught by Alfred State College faculty. Apart from Italian Language and Literature courses, each course is taught in English. Courses are offered through SUNY Alfred State College which is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Non Alfred State College students can apply to transfer course credits to their home institution by submitting their SUNY Alfred transcript. Please check with your home institution about your school’s transfer credit process. You are likely to need your courses approved prior to program participation. For more questions on this process, please contact Sant'Anna Program Coordinator Olga Stinga at [email protected] For application, contact Sant'Anna Assistant Program Coordinator Serena Vacca at [email protected] Courses noted with (ASC) are taught by Alfred State College faculty. Sant'Anna Institute is proud to use the experiential learning model where students engage with their professors via site visits. For example, Volcanology students spend a day at Mount Vesuvius. Archaeology students spend a day at Pompeii. Business students have site visits at local businesses. Please click on the course name for more information. All courses are subject to demand and adequate enrollment.
Campania region surrounding Sorrento possess an immensely important architectural heritage that extends back to the age of Homer. Within easy reach there are the Greek cities of Paestum and Cuma; the Roman cities of Pompeii, Herculaneum and Puteoli; the Roman villas of Oplonti and Castellamare; the Renaissance and Baroque architecture of Naples; and the traditional Mediterranean townscapes of Ravello, Amalfi, Capri, Ischia and Sorrento itself.
- Setting Description:
- XVI century building
- Centrally located in Sorrento
- Reception desk
- Student lounge
- Language lab
- Large outdoor terrace
- 10 classrooms equipped with air conditioning (from 8 to 25 students per class )
- Internet Access
- Please see our website for tuition and fees.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program