The M.A. Writing Studies offers a flexible curriculum designed to allow students to explore many diverse forms of writing.
- Philadelphia, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Communications & Journalism
- Program Description:
- The M.A. in Writing Studies program combines a traditional literature-based master's degree with a creative writing program by offering a wide variety of courses and providing students with a highly flexible, unique academic experience. In addition to taking classes in areas of writing and culture, rhetoric and composition, and professional writing, students have the opportunity to gain significant professional work experience through credit-bearing internships. Class sizes are small (fifteen students or less) and include dynamic workshops, allowing students to hone their writing skills. All faculty are practicing writers in the genre they teach, giving students a sampling of professional experience. Additionally, writing studies students publish a student-authored literary magazine, The Avenue, featuring fiction, nonfiction and poetry.
Additional Program Information
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Financial Aid:
- Four year baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited institution; Minumum 3.0 grade point average (GPA); No GRE required.
- International Requirements:
- International students (seeking or holding non-immigrant visas) intending degree-seeking study must complete and submit the Application Form, along with all credentials and the required $35 USD application fee directly to the Graduate Admissions Office. Please visit http://www.sju.edu/information/international-students for more information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program