- Kathmandu, Nepal; Turrialba, Costa Rica; Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of; Masaya, Nicaragua; Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Work Types:
- Construction, Economic Development, Education, Environment, Health, Women's Rights
- 1-3 months
- Program Description:
What is a Raleigh Expedition?
We have over 30 years’ experience of bringing together young people and communities to create lasting change. It’s the people we work with, from volunteers to project partners to community members that inspire us to get stuck into the challenges that other organisations won’t tackle.
Raleigh expeditions are about bringing people together from all over the world.
They are an opportunity for you to work on remote community and environmental projects and face adventure challenges in some of the most incredible areas of the world.
Our Expeditions are all about variety.
This is why our Expeditions include different people, projects, locations and challenges. There will be people like you and people from different backgrounds and cultures, including local volunteers from the Expedition countries. Together you’ll be a team with a common aim; to bring energy and inspiration to create the world that we want.
How does it work?
Our volunteer Expeditions last four, five, seven or 10-weeks.
They are made up of a variety of community, adventure and environment projects.
Depending on where you go and when, will depend on what you do.
An Expedition, in three words?
Raleigh has a ‘never give up attitude’ and we expect our volunteers to share it with us. Expeditions can be tough at times but they are also fun. Our staff, our volunteer managers and your fellow team members will support you throughout. Together you’ll encourage one another to do things and achieve things you never thought possible.
Want to be inspired by people, new environments and new ways of approaching some of the world’s challenges? On Expedition you’ll meet people from all over the world. These new friends will open you up to lots of different points of view. And, as for the places we work, once you see how special some of these areas are, you’ll see why they need preserving.
We support and encourage you to have an impact where it matters most. Last year more than 180,000 people from around the world benefited from our programmes. Our expedition volunteers help empower local communities; by improving people’s access to safe water and sanitation, building stronger communities and protecting the world’s resources. This is your chance to create change in the communities we work in and develop skills for yourself.
- Setting Description:
- You'll work in some of the most rural and beautiful areas in the world. Conditions are basic and challenging, but you'll get a real cultural immersion and an experience tourists will never have!
- $3,100 for 4 weeks, $3,600 for 5 weeks, $4,500 for 7 weeks, $5,000 for 10 weeks. USD. Fundraising targets include in-country travel, accommodation. food and full insurance. Price does not include flights, visas, vaccinations or personal belongings (for example rucksack, walking boots, sleeping bag etc.).
Additional Program Information
- No special skills required - just the enthusiasm and willingness to get stuck in!
- Scholarships Description:
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program