- Chiang Mai, Thailand; Krabi, Thailand; Bangkok, Thailand; Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs; Phuket, Thailand
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Animals, Arts, Economic Development, Education, Environment
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months
- Program Description:
Thailand Summer Program Highlights:
- Volunteering with elephants for a week at the award-winning Elephant Nature Foundation
- 2-day rock-climbing and caving adventure – no experience needed
- Hiking and kayaking in the amazing jungle of Khao Sok National Park
- Exploring spectacular Kho Phra Ngan island
- 2 introductory scuba dives off Kho Phra Ngan
- Historical Sukhothai and its superb temples and monuments
- Thailand’s kaleidoscopic markets and temples
- Thai cooking course
- Yoga classes
- Muay Thai (Thai martial art) class
- Overnight Buddhist meditation retreat run by Thai monks
- Informal lectures and discussions on history, culture, society and environment
- Very personalized small group experience (compare with other programs of up to 40 students)
- Fantastic program leader supported by great English-speaking local guides
Experience an enriching month in Thailand with one week of volunteer service work and three weeks of amazing educational adventure travel. Immerse yourself in elephant conservation volunteer work at the award-winning Elephant Nature Foundation. Discover Thailand’s fascinating cities and culture. Explore incredible jungle, islands and beaches. Gain skills with lessons in Buddhist meditation, Thai cooking, Yoga, Muay Thai, rock climbing, caving and scuba diving. Join us on a journey to the heart of Thailand for a pivotal summer abroad.
Option to combine with our Vietnam & Cambodia Summer Program, for an incredible 2-month experience in Vietnam, Cambodia & Thailand.
Facilitated by our inspiring and experienced program leaders, this is an excellent study abroad or gap year option for students or graduates wanting to develop personal and leadership skills, and be exposed to and immersed in cultures different to their own. Optional transferable academic credit available to all participants.
This educational travel program is suitable for high school graduates, gap year students, college students and graduates, ideally 18-23 years.
All inclusive program – see the Pacific Discovery website for current program fee and inclusions, to print information booklet and view the program slideshow.
- Setting Description:
- Pacific Discovery programs combine sustainable educational adventure travel, cultural immersion, experiential education, volunteer and community service projects, personal and leadership development, and tons of fun! For gap year and college students, the opportunity to combine this with optional transferable academic credit gives you an unbeatable study abroad or gap year travel experience.
Since 2001, Pacific Discovery has taken hundreds of students and graduates on unique travel study programs abroad, utilizing a staff of experienced and qualified program leaders and faculty.
If you have a thirst for adventure, to explore places you've dreamt of, learning through hands-on experiences and making friends for life, then join us for a life-changing journey.
"Traveling with Pacific Discovery has been one of the most personally rewarding things I have ever done. The program's small group sizes and focus on responsible travel allows you to interact with a count
- 6350 USD. Program fee inclusions
Visa (with optional group flight); All in-country travel and transport; All accommodation; More than two thirds of meals (see ‘meals’ above); All activities, excursions, entry fees and adventure travel as described in the itinerary; Week-long volunteer conservation project; Informal lectures from resident experts on conservation and eco-tourism; Experienced program leader/s and local guides; Online image library for your program. Refer information booklet for internati
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program