- Chiang Mai, Thailand; Krabi, Thailand; Bangkok, Thailand; Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs; Phuket, Thailand
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, MayMester Intersession, Summer, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Animal Sciences, Arts & Architecture, Business, Education, Hospitality, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
Join us for a dynamic month enjoying all that Thailand has to offer. From gold-plated temples to limestone crags, you’ll experience the cultural and ecological wonders of this diverse country. With rural ethnic villages and bustling metropolitan cities, the country makes for a fascinating place to investigate the implications of development. Along the way, you will trek, climb, snorkel, and dive.
With two instructors and a small group of travelers, you’ll gain skills in leadership, cross cultural communication, and ethical tourism. Along with countless memories, students leave with a deepened sense of personal values, identity, and purpose.
This summer abroad program is suitable for students 18-24 years. Semester programs are offered both fall and spring, and can be taken consecutively for an in-depth and transformative gap year. Optional academic credit is also available.
See the Pacific Discovery website to learn more or apply today!
- Setting Description:
- Known as “the land of smiles” Thailand is a friendly country which values social harmony. The only country in Southeast Asia not colonized by Europeans during the 16th - 18th centuries, the monarchy is strong and the late King was revered by many. The country is geographically diverse – the mountainous jungle clad north is populated by numerous ethnic groups in their stunning national parks while the south is speckled with tropical islands and some of the world’s best beaches, snorkeling, and diving.
Throughout the program, we will stay in a variety of accommodations: locally run guesthouses, a Buddhist meditation center, and a beach front bungalow.
- 6350 USD. See our site for updated tuition breakdown and to download an information booklet.
Program costs includes: • All necessary visas and ground transport • All accommodation and meals • All excursions and entry fees listed in the itinerary • Contribution to our service learning project sites • Experienced Program Instructors and local guides • Global medical rescue and political evacuation insurance • 24/7 emergency contact number for families • Online image library
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program