- Honolulu, United States
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Animals, Environment
- 3-4 weeks
- Program Description:
Join us on an epic journey to Hawaii! Our 30-day Summer Program offers you an enriching fusion of volunteer projects, surfing, cultural immersion and, of course, the sun, sea, and sand!
Hawaii’s diverse natural scenery, warm tropical climate, abundance of public beaches, oceanic surroundings, and active volcanoes make it a popular destination. Because of its central location in the Pacific and 19th-century labor migration, Hawaii’s culture is strongly influenced by North American and East Asian cultures, in addition to its indigenous Hawaiian cultures.
Immerse yourself in Hawaiian culture. Discover Hawaii’s fascinating ocean and mountain landscape and explore incredible jungles, volcanoes and beaches. Gain skills with lessons in sustainability, conservation, and the environment as well as hiking, surfing, and snorkeling. Join us for a journey in Hawaii and an inspiring summer of exploration!
- Immerse in Hawaiian culture learning native food making techniques and the heritage and history of Hawaii.
- Learn from local non-profits how to help in the marine conservation and the restoration of local ecosystems.
- Surf Lessons based in Kona, the sunny district on Hawai’i Island.
- Check out the Akaka Falls, Green Sand Beach, and the sacred Mauna Kea.
- Yoga and meditation in Hilo, amongst the breath-taking, the natural beauty of the northeast side of the Big Island.
- Create a feast in the traditional Imu, a form of underground oven
- Hike the Volcano National Park and watch the sunset.
- Snorkel the reefs of Kona and keep your eyes peeled for dolphins, manta rays and turtles.
- Very personalized small group experience, maximum of 12 participants.
Additional Program Information