The program consists of three parts (a week for each part). The first part offers the intensive course of the Russian language (4 contact hours a day). The second part combines course of the Russian language with practical seminars of ecology and ecologic
- Orenburg, Russia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
The School is organized by Orenburg State Institute of Management and is open to international and Russian students.
Orenburg is a city on the Ural River which draws the border between Europe and Asia. The Orenburg region is situated on the border of forests and steppes, mountains and plains. This makes the nature of the region really unique.
Orenburg is a city, where:
• 119 nationalities reside. The most numerous are the Tatars, the Kazakhs, the Ukrainians, the Bashkirs, the Mordvins and the Germans.
• the European and Asian cultures cross.
• the first astronaut Yuri Gagarin studied in the Military Aviation Pilot School.
• the great Russian poet Alexander Pushkin collected information for his History of Pugatchev Revolt.
• the French novelist Maurice Druon had the information about his ancestors discovered.
• a new transcontinental highway « The New Silk Road» from Europe to Western China is being built. Orenburg plays a key role in this project, being the gateway from Europe to Asia.
Orenburg State Institute of Management is one of the regional leaders in the academic fields of economics, management, information technologies, information security, business informatics and innovation.
OSIM cooperates with the Orenburg city and regional government as well as with regional companies in developing different projects, including those in the spheres of ecology and public health.
OSIM is a member of SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization) University.
The program consists of three parts (a week for each part). The first part offers the intensive course of the Russian language (4 contact hours a day). The second part combines course of the Russian language with practical seminars of ecology and ecological management, based on the experience of big industrial enterprises such as: • TNK BP – the Orenburg branch of one of the world’s biggest oil enterprise • Gazprom Dobycha Orenburg - the largest gas chemical complex in the Russian Federation • Joint Stock Company “Ural Steel” The third part includes volunteer work and development of the Socio-Ecological projects. Students will gain 3 credits for the entire course. Volunteer program In 2011 OSIM under auspices of Orenburg regional government, is going to carry out the Volunteer Ecological Program “The Ural Trail”. The Summer School students will be the first participants of the program. They will help to landscape the first camp on the “Ural Trail” and other parts of the Trail. Free time, cultural activities • cultural activities, including visits to the Ethnic Village Cultural Center, open-air exhibition complex “Salute, Victory!”, • excursions to churches and museums • out-of-town excursions to Orenburg steppe and the amazing Salt Lake • music and dance performances and various sport events.
Students receive 3 credits for a three-week session. Total price 1246 EUR Costs included Transfer airport-hostel, hostel-airport Daily transfer (to the study and social activity places) Housing Interesting cultural program and different activities Meals (3 meals a day) Individual assistance from our staff and students Registration at the Federal migration service Welcoming information package Costs Not Included Airfare, health insurance, visa fee, personal expenses Regular prices in Orenburg Taxi - 3,5-4 EUR Bus single trip - 0,3 EUR Can of soda – 0,5 EUR Cinema ticket – 6 EUR
- Setting Description:
- The first two weeks students will stay in a student hostel. A dwelling unit includes a hall and a bathroom for two double rooms. The third week (during volunteer work), students will live in bungalows, near the Ural River bank. Full board basis.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program