Special Offers 2013: - 15% discount off tuition cost for 90 days early booking. - 10% off lodging for 8+ weeks stay in Flat share. - 15% off tuition cost for registration completion before January 1st for Spring start dates - 15% off tu
- Faro, Portugal; Lisbon, Portugal; Funchal, Portugal
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Semester, Summer, Year Round
- Program Description:
- aid Jobs programme combines a Portuguese course (3 weeks minimum) in Faro, or Lisbon with job placement following the course in Lisbon, Madeira, Algarve, etc. You won't get rich, but you will earn enough to cover basic expenses.
Your Language skill is an important factor in achieving a quality placement, since it will affect your communication with work colleagues, and your effectiveness in handling certain tasks in a foreign language. You do not have to be fluent to start the program but you are required to be at the Upper Intermediate level when you begin the Work Placement Phase of the program. You will participate in a 3-weeks Refresher course.
You'll work in a hospitality or retail business. Positions include: kitchen assistant, room maid, waiter/waitress, bartender, reception, laundry personnel, animator, maintenance staff, general assistant, restaurant employee, etc.
The position offered is likely to be influenced by the applicant's knowledge of Portuguese, previous professional experience, and academic level. Participants may occupy jobs in different departments
Paid Job Placement: From 2 months
Program open to nationals from: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, South Korea, Holy See, Iceland, Israel, Japan, Liechtenstein, Mexico, Monaco, Norway, New Zealand, Republic Of Croatia, San Marino, Singapore, Switzerland, U.S.A, Hong Kong (SAR), Macao (EAR) and citizens of The European Union (Belgium, France,Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Denmark, Republic of Ireland, United Kingdom, Greece, Portugal, Spain, Austria, Finland, Sweden, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Romania)
Age range: 18 - 35
Special Offers 2013: - 15% discount off tuition cost for 90 days early booking. - 10% off lodging for 8+ weeks stay in Flat share. - 15% off tuition cost for registration completion before January 1st for Spring start dates - 15% off tuition cost for registration completion before April 1st for Summer start dates
Includes language training, followed by guaranteed Placements for qualified candidates
- Setting Description:
- Portugal is a country of rugged mountain landscapes, beautiful beaches, sophisticated cities, a range of Roman ruins, medieval walled towns, country festivals, rural backwaters, sandy coves, pretty fishing villages, steeply terraced vineyards, and sharply contrasting traditions. A tour of Portugal is like a journey back in time, past townships completely enclosed by medieval walls. This part of the Iberia peninsula has existed within borders virtually unchanged for nearly 800 years, with castles perched on craggy heights, the filigreed stonework of cathedrals. Portugal is about the size of Scotland and has tremendous variety both geographically and in its ways of life and traditions. Along the coast around Lisbon, and on the well-developed Algarve in the south, there are highly sophisticated resorts, while the vibrant capital Lisbon has much going on. But in its rural areas this is still an underdeveloped country with plenty of opportunities to experience smaller towns and countryside
- Contact us for details on program cost
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program